.iii

❝We try so hard to hide everything we're really feeling from those who probably need to know our true feelings the most

We try so hard to hide everything we're really feeling from those who probably need to know our true feelings the most.

|

You quickly shot yourself up from the lying position you were in. You couldn't breathe. You were hyperventilating and sweating. You looked around to make sure you were safe and not being kidnapped.

You looked down beside you to see a peaceful Emily sleeping beside you. There weren't enough rooms in the hotel the team was staying at, so you decided to bunk with one and other. You chose Emily to bunk with.

You had that nightmare again. You can't keep going on like this. You barely sleep and run on coffee all day. You've even turned to drinking energy drinks to help you get through the day.

But you've had to adjust to this. You don't know how long these nightmares will keep going on—but you need them to stop soon. You sit up and put your face in your hands. "I need them to stop. I need to sleep." You whisper to yourself as you shake your head.

"Need who to stop?"

You quickly look beside you. It's Emily, she's half-asleep and has turned her body to face you. You've must have woken her up with all your heavy breathing and moving around the bed. "No one, Emily. I'm sorry I woke you up. Get some sleep." You whisper back to her.

Emily shakes her head and pushes herself up to mirror your position. "I'm not going back to sleep until you tell me about your nightmare." You look away from her, "What you went through--it was horrible. I can't even begin to imagine the pain you went through," She puts her hand on my shoulder, "And is going through."

"I'm fine,"

"You're not." This statement catches your attention. "I noticed it. We all notice it. Penelope notices it." You tilt your head, "Oh c'mon, Y/N. I notice the way you look at her." She tells you with a smile. "But it kills her knowing there isn't anything she can do to help you through this."

You nod as a tear falls down your cheek, "I feel weak." You spit out and stare at Emily. "I feel so weak because you guys had to save me. I wasn't strong enough to save myself... I wasn't smart enough. I feel pathetic talking about it."

You couldn't believe it. You're finally telling someone about your feelings. You're not balling up your feelings for the time being. You can trust Emily, you know she won't say anything to anyone.

"I never thought my parents were capable of doing that to me. I knew they hated me, you know? I knew that since I was a kid." You stare into her eyes, "But I never knew their hatred for me was so deep. I mean, they literally paid a man to torture and rape me, Emily!" You cried out that last sentence.

Emily instantly wrapped her arms around you tightly. Tears fell down so quickly. The team knew you were tortured but no one knew you were raped. It was something that you planned to deal with yourself but it was eating up so quickly.