.iv

❝They should love you, just as you are

They should love you, just as you are. Parents should love their kids, right? You'd think so.

|

"Alright, thank you, Hotch." You thanked your boss. He had just given you directions to one of the flower shops near you that were still opened this late. He had experienced the same thing with his late wife. "I'll get her some roses." You tell him with a smile.

"Yeah, you do that." He says with a smile as well.

"See you tomorrow, Arron." You say before shutting his office door. You pulled your phone out as you walked through the office headed to the elevator. You pressed the button and waited for the elevator to come up. When it did you got on. It was another night—another case solved. The doors opened up and you began to walk to the nearest exit.

"Going home to Nia?"

You stopped yourself and turned around to hear the voice of your favorite person. There she was standing before you. Penelope Garcia. She walked a bit closer to you. "That's right, Miss Garcia." You respond, "Are you heading home to Sam?" You hated asking her that question.

"That's right," She nods and looks down, "Stay safe, my love."

You look at her and raise an eyebrow. You drop your suitcase and walk over to her. "Pen," you whisper when you reach her. You place a hand on the wall above her. "I'll be fine. Nothing is gonna happen to me." You place a kiss on her cheek, "I'll see you tomorrow."

And with that, you pull yourself away from her and head back to get your suitcase on the floor. You head to the nearest exit. "See you tomorrow, Y/N." She says as she waves at you.

You give her a smile and wave back before opening the door to be greeted with a cool breeze. The weather is cold. You wrapped your jacket around you tightly to try and keep yourself warm as you ran to your car.

You take the directions that Hotch gave you and successfully made it to a little flower shop. You had to buy flowers for your girlfriend, Nia. You had missed another anniversary because of your job. You'd know she'd be upset.

"We'll be closing in five minutes," The employee says to you as you walk in.

"Thank you." You say with a small smile, "I just want a bouquet of roses, please."  The employee hands a pretty bouquet of red roses. Nia loves roses. You pull out your wallet and hand the employee a fifty dollar bill. "Keep the change. Have a goodnight." You tell her before walking out to the cold again.

As you walk to your parked car, you pull your phone out and hit Nia's contact. The phone rang and rang but she didn't pick it up. She must be pissed. She has a right to be pissed.