CHAPTER 3

Namjoon’s POV

Today we returned to Korea after a long tour. All my members and I were given two months off for vacations. The joyful chatter in the dorms was a result of that. I decided to spend this vacation with my family in Ilsan-gu.

The thought of seeing them after years warmed my heart. I had traveled almost all over the world, but I found the most comfort here, where I had spent my whole childhood. This place was teeming with memories.

As soon as I entered my room, my eyes fell on a beautiful bouquet lying on the table. There was an envelope that came with it. I went to the kitchen to interrogate my mom about it.

“It was delivered here this morning for you,” she replied casually.

Curious to find out who knew I was in Ilsan, I opened the envelope.

“To my dear Joonie oppa,

They say silence is Golden,
I believe it is true,
Because in that Golden silence,
My thoughts occur of you.
You are the flame in my candle,
that lights the darkness of my room,
You are the scented flowers,
that makes my heart full bloom.

Lots of love,
K.H.”

The poem was engraved on a card, in ravishing handwriting. Those heavenly words melted my heart for a moment, and I unconsciously smiled. The initials at the end—K.H.— however, alarmed me. It was undeniable that this was from Hanum. She was the only person who could get away with finding out such information.

Does she intend to bother me during my vacation as well?

****

Hae Jin’s POV

“Chen!” I screamed in euphoria. “Chen!”

“Noona?” He waddled out of his room in confusion. I grabbed his hands and started swinging with joy.

“You will see! All our problems and worries will disappear soon! Yay!” I rejoiced. Nothing could explain my emotions.

“Oh, Noona, tell me!”

“I got an extra job!” I informed him with tears in my eyes.

“Really, Noona?!” He hugged me tightly in anticipation, and, with happiness, I nodded.

“Apart from that, I got a bonus, too, which will be enough for your transplant!” I saw tears brimming up in his eyes.

“I knew it, Noona! I knew you would never let me die.” I could feel the shiver in his voice.

I was glad to see him happy. The only thing that mattered to me in this world was my brother’s happiness.

♡♡♡♡
Everyone suffers in their life. There are many sad days. But rather than sad days, we hope to have better days. That is what makes us live. That is what makes us dream. — Kim Namjoon (by Khushi Pitroda)

**************
Poem: Silence is Golden by Shelagh Bullman♡