CHAPTER 7

Hae Jin's POV

I decided not to send the bouquet to that address this week. I felt that every problem of my life was over. Now, I think that all these obstacles will continue to travel with me for the rest of my life. Maybe a life of misfortune was written for me all along.

I was lost in my thoughts when someone came into my sight.

“This is for you, ma’am.” The delivery man was holding an identical bouquet with the one I had previously gotten. I was stunned to receive flowers again. I felt like the world had stopped spinning.

Who is behind all this? What does he want from me?

I opened the letter and read it.

"To the girl who sends bouquets,

I always think of you.
In my sleep, in my dreams.
I always think of you.
All night, all day, hoping you're alright.
I always think of you.
Wishing you were thinking of me too.
Every minute, every second of the day.
I think of you.
I really do.
All because...
I think I have fallen in love with you.
PLEASE REPLY.

From your admirer,
KNJ"

The words written in bold letters shocked me.

Love? Waiting for a reply? What is this? How can a person fall in love this easily, not even knowing who I am?

I wasn’t the one who had sent those bouquets. I had written K.H, AKA Kang Hanum, at the end of every letter I had sent.

Then why is he looking for me, and not her?

I couldn’t think of anything reasonable.

Should I reply?

Holding the letter in my hand, I kept thinking and contemplating. 

“Noona, why are you staring at a card like that?" Chen popped out of nowhere. His voice led me back to reality.

“Here! Throw it in the bin.” I passed the card to him. He was about to throw the card in the trash when I stopped him.

“Wait!” I said abruptly.

“Are you alright, Noona?” He looked at me with suspicious eyes. I nodded and gave him a big smile.

In the end, the heart won. As if we have no control over the decisions of the heart. I knew that the one who puts the heart above the mind is tormented till the end, but I was compelled by it, completely.

Maybe it was because, for the first time, someone had shown affection toward me? Maybe it was because I, too, had fallen for these sweet gestures?

I don’t know the answer to these thoughts.

****

Namjoon's POV

One more week had passed, but I had yet to receive a reply from her.

I didn’t feel like doing anything. There was a strange uneasiness inside me that I didn't understand. And that feeling was beyond terrifying.

Will my first love end like this?

Whenever the doorbell rang, I rushed to see who was there, only to be disappointed every time.

The doorbell rang again today. I took light steps and walked toward the door. I couldn’t believe it. And just like that, my mood was lifted with ecstasy. My wait, my restlessness, was now over.

A man, holding a bouquet, was standing in front of my eyes. I swayed happily, took the bouquet and ran to my room. Without wasting time, I opened the envelope.

"To the person - I don’t even know his real name,

How can you see through me?
When you never look my way?
Why do I stay when I want to go?
Is it because I have hope?
Is it because I don't want to be alone?
I stay and all I do is complain.
Complain that I might be going insane.
Insane of the thought that it might be my fault.

From,
Choi Hae Jin,
The Florist"

From that day onwards, we both took the first step toward each other. The affinity of feelings or affinity of love—whatever it was—was beautiful. We exchanged our numbers through the letters, and we started chatting more often – hours and hours every day. We grew accustomed to each other.

A relationship was formed between us…

I informed her of my real name, Kim Namjoon. But she didn't know that I was BTS RM. It was fascinating to know that there would still be someone out there who didn't know me, and I loved the idea of it. Being with her literally gave me the space to re-discover my true self, without the need to try hard.

Finally, we decided to meet each other for the first time. I felt timid. I wanted to make this meeting the best memory ever.

♡♡♡♡
Love came to us like a miracle, the most beautiful miracle. Love means giving away your pen to someone else and allowing them to write on your pages. They may not be together always, but they will always be by each other’s side. They gave one another forever within the numbered days. They loved each other deeply and widely.