Introduction

Astra Beckett has always known since she was a little girl that she wanted to become an astronaut, to live among the stars where she always felt like she belonged. She worked hard at school all her life to achieve her biggest dream, to be accepted into one of the most prominent space programs in the world, Celestial Academy, and eventually take the giant leap to space.

Her father, Chris, an astronomer, has always supported his little girl, encouraging her every day to work hard to accomplish her goal. He would teach her every day about space. The sun, the moon, the stars, and the rest of the great unknown. Astra would listen closely to her dad, captivated by the science and stories he would tell her, only enticing her more.

Her mother, Angela, also an astronomer, had been in love and fascinated with the stars since she could remember. Angela and Chris decided to name her Astra because it meant "of the stars" or "from the stars." It was a very fitting name considering the work they both did and because they felt that their daughter was a gift sent from the universe.
Unfortunately, she died when Astra was very young. But despite not knowing her mother that well, she still felt a strong connection to her, and she knew that she would be even closer with her mom in outer space.

Ezekiel Reyes, her best friend from a young age, was also a massive space nerd, and he had the same dream as her. Her dad and his dad were best friends, so they were practically family and spent a lot of time at each other's house. Here they would both fall more and more in love with the idea of becoming an astronaut, so they made a promise to each other that they would do this together. Helping each other through it all growing up, and when one of them would fall of the course, the other would pull them right back in and remind them not to lose sight of their shared dream.

Vote? Comment? Share?
Tips and feedback is always appreciated and welcomed on all my writing❤️