Chapter 2

Chapter ll 

I hooked Peyton into his booster seat in the back. Not looking at him. "Will we ever come back Em?" he asked looking at me. No not at me more into me. His blue eyes bore into mine and held my gaze never wandering. His eyes told me he knew more than he had admitted.

"I don't know Peyton," I said flattening down his dark brown curly hair. I closed the car door and walked to the driver's side keys in hand. Once in my car I looked at the house. For the first time I thought it looked deserted. The windows were all dark which made them stand out from the stone exterior. It towered over me, and it scared me.

I started up my convertible and backed out. I planned this out so many times that the map was running through my head. I was going to Oceanside California.

We currently live in San Jose California, about 7 hours away from Oceanside. I had already found a few apartments that I could actually afford once I got a job. Until then we would have to sleep in the car which I had done a few times anyway.

I turned the radio on and drove out of my neighborhood. It was 9:30. I figured I could be in Oceanside by 5:00. Peyton was still tired so he went right to sleep covered by his blanket I made him. It was a dark blue blanket with part of a football and part of a baseball on it-they were really big-I made it for his third birthday.

I drove all the while thinking of random memories, good memories. The time Kate and I snuck over to Brandon's house in the middle of the night to go swimming while our pool was getting filled. We ended up getting caught by Brandon, but it was super fun anyway. When he caught us he jumped in the pool and swam with us for a whole hour.

The time Kate, Morgan, Jenna, and I crashed the party at Nick's house popped in my head. We had heard that all the guys were going over to Nicks-one of the cutest guys in our grade-so we snuck over there.

I remember it as clear as the road stretched out in front of me. It was sophomore year and all of my friends were over. We all had heard about the guys. but Morgan was the one to mention it.

"Guys we should go over there, I mean it's only three blocks away!" Morgan said smiling. She was the most gutsy of us, with me to follow. We were in my bedroom all sitting cross-legged on the bed.

"Are you crazy?" Jenna asked, she was always the nervous one, the rational one who always thought things through.

"No, I'm not. What do you think about it guys? We could tell your mom that we are going to the park." Morgan said her green eyes lighting up with the idea.

"Well, I think it would be fun. Nick's mom likes us anyways and my mom won't be home tonight." I said really wanting to go.

"I'm in, it's fun hanging with the guys." Kate pitched in as she moved her blond hair behind her ear.

"Ugh really guys; what if their mom doesn't want us there?" Jenna asked. 

"We will be just fine!" Morgan said running over to my closet and grabbing a cute striped off-the-shoulder shirt. "What do you guys think? Does this scream Nick kiss me" She asked dramatically. We all started laughing.

"It looks gorgeous dear." Kate said smiling.

"Good cause I was gonna wear it no matter what." She smiled, "everyone get dressed!" Morgan threw a few shirts at us and then ran around the bed to the mirror. I picked up a bright blue tank that hung loosely on me. I pulled it on and went to stand beside Morgan in the mirror.

"Dang we are a pair of hotties!" I said posing in the mirror with her.

"You know what? I think you are right." Morgan said bumping her hip against mine. She was a little bit taller than me with dark brown hair that was stick straight. She was wearing a bright green shirt so her brown eyes looked slightly greenish. My curly dark brown hair and bright blue eyes became really prominent when I was wearing the blue tank.