Chapter 11

Over the next week Dalton and my lives intertwined. I got a job at Ruby's and found out that Dalton worked for his dad during the summer. Doing something with management. I met Dalton's dad over a half-awkward dinner on Tuesday night. Dalton had manged to forget to tell me he would be home. His dad was very nice and very gracious for his high position. I was afraid he would ask a lot of questions about my family but after I told him they let me go for the summer with my little brother he had about all he could take of info about my parents.

We didnt run into Hunter anymore but the worry of his cousin kept us all on edge. I don't know how Rachel knew something was up but she started to look at me weird when talking about certain things. She still loved me and Peyton but I think she pitied us. Her gaze held what could only be imagined. She was wise and I didn't know how to read her.

Dalton and I slept in the same bed every night, his arms wrapped around me. It was nice knowing that he was there but I kept having my fear of Brian possess my thoughts at night. I woke up from nightmares sweating. I didnt know what I was going to do. I knew my fear was irrational but I couldn't shake it.

We saw Hunter Friday night when we decided to go out for pizza with the guys. "Hi freinds," Hunter said as he walked up to our table. "Do you mind if I join you?" He sat down in the booth next to me cause I was on the outside. He just pushed me in and I didn't know what to do. He wasn't surrounded by his posy like usual.

Wiz stood up across from me and grabbed Hunter by his shoulder. "You need to leave Hunter." His face turned hard.

"Oh come on guys, I just want some pizza." He replied innocently and draped his arm around my shoulder. I shrunk away from his touch.

"Just leave Hunter," Tyler said getting up with Wiz. Dalton moved his arm around my waist pulling me into him and away from Hunter. The tension was almost visible in the air.

"Fine, I will leave." He got up and then looked back at me and smiled. "Emily, you don't happen to be from San Jose now would you?" I could feel Dalton go completely tense by my side his arm now pulled me even closer to him. I just glared at Hunter. He started laughing. "Well I will take that as a yes," he smirked.

"No you will get the hell out of here,"Dalton said from behind me. Everyone at the table had froze. None of them knew anything so they were just looking at us in confuse ment. 

"I'll make sure my cousin knows where his slut is. I bet he'll be really happy to find out she's screwing someone else." He laughed at me and walked away. I looked out the window of the booth we were sitting at and watched Hunter get into the passenger seat of a silver truck. I almost passed out right there. I couldn't believe Biran was here. He couldn't have found me. I went limp in Dalton's arms.

"Emily, are you okay?" Wiz asked sitting down next to me. I felt Dalton pull me up so he could face me.

"Emily, are you okay?" Dalton asked the same question but with more force. Worry was written all over his face. I slowly shook my head no. Brian was here how could I be okay? Nothing would ever be okay. He was gonna come after me and I didn't know how to stop him.

"What's wrong with her D?" Wiz asked and I put my head into my hands I was trembling. My nightmare was coming true.

"I'll explain later. We need to get her back to my house. You guys can come if you want." Wiz stood up at that and helped Dalton get me up. I walked in a trance back to his SUV. They were talking but I wasn't exactly sure what they were saying. Dalton buckled me into his SUV, and I curled up into a ball.

Dalton said some more stuff to the guys and then got in the drivers side. He kept talking to me on the way back to his house but I didn't respond to anything. All I was thinking about is getting Peyton away from here. I couldn't risk staying here. Even with Dalton and his freinds protecting me.