Part 3: The heart gets what the heart wants

Copyright 2015 © Rosesareforever

Let Go

Part 3: The heart gets what the heart wants

Nerves danced in Delilah's stomach as she entered the dimly lit entrance of the club. After a restless night filled with regrets and unfulfilled want, she'd finally changed her mind and gained the courage to seek out the mystery man from the day before. She waited until Ciara had left the hotel room to go out on a date with the man from the tattoo shop that would undoubtedly last until the early hours of the day, before finally sneaking out like a jumpy teen.

It had taken an entire night of mulling over the various possibilities of what could've happened if she'd stayed after the show, to make her realize she'd made a mistake when she left without so much as a goodbye. The pull she'd felt toward that complete stranger had been more intense than anything she'd ever felt before. He brought out a side of her that she hadn't known existed. Such a connection...she just couldn't let it go to waste. Even if it was for only one night, she'd make the best of it. If she didn't take this chance into the unknown, she would forever live with regret and wonder what if.

Besides, it had been so long since she'd enjoyed a thoroughly satisfying orgasm that was not self-induced. The last few months she'd been together with Conrad, they hadn't been intimate. It should've alerted her, made her realize something was up. The more she pondered about everything that went on, the more she became conscious of the fact that her relationship with Conrad had been a sinking ship, ready to descend to the bottom of the ocean. How she could've been so blind, she didn't know. She'd been living in a fantasy world, creating her own fairytale out of a failing relationship. She'd been so foolish.

It made Delilah doubt every single decision she'd made in the past. Was this all on her? Should she have seen it coming and realized in time that her relationship with Conrad was bound to end? If she truly was such a moron, had she also been blind to other facts? Had she missed opportunities by going her own merry way? Insecurities ate at her. She couldn't sit down and relax for a moment or a bunch of doubts would bombard her mind.

Delilah was sick of it. She didn't want to worry about every slight detail or talk herself down because of what happened. It was one of the reasons why she'd made up her mind about going to the club. If there had been one moment the past couple of weeks where she didn't constantly brood, it had been in the arms of that stranger. He'd made her truly let go for the first time in as long as she could remember.

Exhaling a deep staggered breath, Delilah forced herself to move through the crowded room, bumping into several drooling women, until she was standing in front of the stage where her mysterious stranger was dancing with yet another woman. She'd never been so nervous or thrilled in her life. She was being bold and reckless, something she'd never been before. It was a liberating feeling.

As she softly bit her bottom lip, her teeth scraping along the ruby red lipstick she'd put on before leaving the hotel, the man's electric blue eyes caught sight of her in the packed crowd and filled with recognition. He smirked and sent a wink her way before returning his attention to the woman that was sensually moving in his arms. A jolt of awareness spread through Delilah, filling her heart with warmth before going straight to her panties. Damn. He looked even better in real life than she'd imagined - and she'd been thinking about him quite a lot. How she could've forgotten about that mesmerizing grin of his, she didn't know.

Several women beside her sighed as they watched the spectacle unfold. Delilah watched the show from start to end, patiently waiting for her chance to speak to the man that had been haunting her dreams, as she enjoyed the performance. It left her in awe just like it had done the day before. She could almost taste the passion and complete surrender of the dancers as she watched them move across the stage. There wasn't anything obscene about it. The term 'strip club' didn't do the establishment justice.