13 ➠ 𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐞𝐬

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍
he who cares

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐑𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍❝ he who cares ❞

*The next morning*

You woke up to see that Hidan is no longer beside you. You slowly get out of your bed and went straight to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

After you put on your clothes, you go to the living room to search for the silver-haired man.

"Hidan?" you called out but he didn't respond back.

Just when you started walking to the kitchen, you noticed a small note left under a thick small-size envelope that was neatly placed on the living room table. You quickly grabbed the note and read it.

I'm sorry I left without telling you. I got a new mission coming up that's why I left early and didn't want to wake you. Don't worry about the supplies, I've already taken care of them. Anyways, here's some expenses provided by the Leader as a 'thank you' shit-or-whatever-I-don't-fucking-care.

You giggled at the letter imagining the exact same reaction of Hidan if he was here. The expression of disgust on his face. You then take the envelope only to see that there's a large amount of money that is more than enough for one week.

Isn't it quite too much? Didn't Kakuzu has to say something about this whole lot of money?

You keep the envelope and the note inside a drawer beside your bed and continue your day as usual.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Few weeks have past and you still received money from Hidan every single week without fail. Although he didn't really deliver the money to you in person, he always finds a way to send it to you such as leave it through your letterbox, which he normally does or sometimes he asked Kumiko to hand over the money to you.

You rarely saw him the past couple of weeks and you've also been busy lately, working on some new medicine and sometimes work voluntarily in the hospital as a medical team.

After long hours spent in the hospital, you finally got home. Your body felt sore and you are extremely exhausted from using too much chakra.

When your front door was held shut, you dropped on your knees and fell to the floor with your back leaning against the door. Tears started to well up in your eyes as you sat alone and weeping, lamenting desolately over your fate.

"I-Itachi."

That was all you say as you sobbed out through your tears. You could feel your soul crying out. The memories of him. You suddenly felt overwhelmed with guilt and loneliness.

After all this time, you still haven't completely got over your guilt over Itachi's death. You know you could've saved him. If only you could have more time. If only you could focus more on finding the cure rather than wasting your time over some stupid missions and friends. Only if...

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Hidan's POV

I watched her from afar as she bawled her eyes out when she gets home. I was standing on a tree not far from her house where I can see her clearly from the windows. Back in those days, I rarely see her in a bad mood. Her eyes would always be filled with joy and excitement. She always seems happy as if she's the happiest girl in the world but now she's completely different. It's like there's some part of her that is gone forever. Ever since that day, ever since 'he' left.

I've been watching over her for the past few weeks ever since the last visit. I'd normally stay a while after dropping off the money to check on her but I've never seen her like this before. She seems... dispirited.

I wanted to help her. I wanted to be there for her whenever she needs someone to talk to or someone to hold onto. But I can't, and the thought of that keeps haunting me. Cause there's nothing I can do to make her feel better. I'm just going to make her feel worse. I looked at her one last time before I started to head off to the hideout.

"I'm sorry, [y/n]. I wish I could've been there for you... and if only you would let me to."