Athens (Chapter 22)

Chapter 22

Athens

Percy's POV

"We're back together!" I exclaimed as I walked back into my apartment. I knew that Jason had to be somewhere. And Nico was probably there somewhere too.

"Why do you scream if you don't know for sure if anybody's home? And why are you even here? Annabeth has an apartment." A grumpy Jason asked as he walked into the living room.

"Hello to you too. Why so grumpy? And I thought that our mister meddler would be happy that we're back together. And we're here because I wanted to sleep in my own bed in the short time that we're here."

"Yeah, yeah, great and all. But it's 11 pm jerk. I need sleep."

Then Jason came over to hug me and Annabeth and murmur out a 'congrats'.

"Thanks Jase, and come on you're 23. Go live or something. Normal people don't sleep at 11 pm."

"Thanks for the advice Percy. But I need sleep and we have a concert tomorrow. And you're the one who said that he wouldn't do the rock and roll thing."

I wanted to argue again, that hanging out with my girlfriend wasn't rock and roll, but Jason had already walked off.

"And Nico's away by the way! Don't know if he comes back!" Jason shouted over his shoulder and then shot the door of his room.

"Well, that was Jason." I stated and looked at Annabeth again. And I couldn't help but smile and feel the butterflies in my stomach. She was amazing. And for the first time in five months seeing or thinking about Annabeth didn't hurt in some way.

"Shall we watch a movie?" Annabeth asked, grabbing my hands and smiling. "I really missed watching movies with you."

And so we did. We actually watched 'Notting Hill'. And I had missed watching movies with Annabeth too. I had missed the feeling that we were pieces of a puzzle that fitted together perfectly.

But more than that I had missed to fell asleep with Annabeth with me. How we could spoon and I could hold her.

"Love you." I whispered as I was falling asleep. The last thing that I heard before drifting off was Annabeth whispering it back.

------------

"Okay, so is this a one time thing? A hookup? Or are you back together?" Nico blurted, confusing written over his face, while pointing between me and Annabeth who were eating breakfast as Nico came into the apartment with Will.

Suddenly he broke into a laugh as I was about to explain. "Just kidding. Jason texted me. Congrats. And your face was worth it. So what do we have here?" And Nico and Will went to sit with us.

While eating breakfast and talking to Nico and Will I stared at Annabeth for most of the time. And when she would glance up at me, I blushed which was stupid. But Annabeth seemed to be enjoying it.

"You're cute when you do that." Annabeth whispered to me. And in response I grew even more red and just kissed her cheek.

"Gross!" Jason exclaimed as he walked in while making throwing up noises. "You're worse than you were before. All whispery and kissing. And then there are Nico and Will, just sitting." Jason said frustrated and sat down next to us.

"Love you too, Jase." Nico and I said in chorus and high-fived each other.

-----------

"Goodbye. I'll miss you." Annabeth said to me as we hugged at the airport. After a few days in New York we had to go on with the tour.