Day 624 | The Boy With The Curly Hair.

Last night, the Hilltop got ass-fucked by the saviors. They came at us, guns blazing, weapons- arrows, knives, covered in fucking walker blood.
———————————————————————-
Spent the morning covering up the mess, and working on a disposal plan for the bodies. We had the Savior POW's help us dig the graves. Not all of them were total dickless assholes it turns out.

There was this one kid, Alden. He said he was only with Negan because he thought he didn't have a choice, until he saw us. I remember seeing him during my time at the Sanctuary, but hardly ever with anyone else. He was in a different part of the compound from me; he was a farmer laborer. He was actually sweet and charming, caring too. He talked to me like a human and I treated him like Alden, not Negan.

He and I spoke every time I was visiting the Hilltop. We quickly formed a bond that would last for years to come.

Digging the graves took all fucking day, and I had to convince Maggie to fucking let them have some water

Digging the graves took all fucking day, and I had to convince Maggie to fucking let them have some water. It was hot as balls out today.

"Maggie.. for fucks sake! They're people!"

"No.. They're monsters.."

"Did ALL OF THEM kill Glenn, or Abraham, or burn me?!" I said angrily showing her my arm. "No! Give them some fucking water for god sakes!" I screamed at her, and she obliged. "Be humane or you're no better than them!" I wasn't happy with her being hellbent on killing all of them, and trust me, I get it. But I was there long enough to see the GOOD in some of them too.

Alden was let out to help with the graves, and I said I would supervise, to not get him murdered

"I'll watch him Maggie.."

"You don't trust me not to hurt them." She replied.

"You're damn straight. You AND Daryl. I KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TOO!" I said as Daryl approached. "I feel like y'all forgot that shit." I walked away with Alden as I felt Maggie's angry eyes on the back of my head.

"I'm Grace. Hi," I smiled at Alden when we got to the gravesite.

"Hi Grace. I remember you.. from there," he smiled back.

"Fucking sucked!" I chuckled, rubbing my arm.

"Oh yeah! Thanks for sticking up for me.. and the others who think like me, and not him..." he said as he picked up a shovel. "Oh.. and your arm.. that was fucking awful. I'm so sorry." He looked genuinely sad.

"Oh, ha.. yeah. It's cool. It doesn't hurt anymore.. left a sick scar though!"

He smirked meekly and started to dig.

I picked up a spare shovel and started to help him, we exchanged pleasantries and actually talked, much to Daryl's chagrin.

"Grace. Don't help that asshole!" I heard his raspy voice behind me as he suddenly approached the grave.

I jumped out of the hole, "Daryl Dixon! Don't you DARE talk to me, or about him like that!"

"Why? Love him already too?" He snapped.

Tears filled my eyes, and before I could stop myself, my palm made contact with his face. "HOW DARE YOU, Daryl Dixon.. JUST.. STOP!" I stormed off, leaving Alden to dig the hole alone. I'd never slapped Daryl before, but how DARE HE?! He knows better.

That night, as I was on my watch tower shift (that I volunteered for to avoid Daryl), I heard growling and moaning coming from near the prisoner cells, and went to investigate. Someone didn't put down all the Hilltoppers as they were back and going after the POW's, as some of the dead were in there too. I looked down and saw fucking Henry, some shithead kid from the Kingdom, talking to one of the prisoners when he grabbed his gun, and escaped with a few other Saviors. I hurriedly climbed down the later.

"Henry! Move!" I yelled as I pushed him away and killed the approaching walker.

Maggie and Jesus finally came out. "Where are they?!" She pointed to the empty cage.

"They ran away! But look! Most of them didn't, and we NEED the help!"

"We're not all like him," Alden said. "We hate him too."

"Fine.. go!" Maggie said.

I took Alden and gave him a weapon before we met up with a few other former Saviors who stayed behind to help too. This lasted all night, and the next morning we dug more graves to bury more dead. I was still avoiding Daryl.