Chapter 3

Four years later...

As Emily cooked the gang some dinner,her and ponyboy talked while Sodapop sat watching Mickey Mouse on tv. Darry was talking with Steve somewhere. After dinner,Emily and ponyboy left for the park as Steve and Darry started to clean up the kitchen. On their way to the park,they talked and watched the sunset and the stars coming out. At the park, they lay down, watched the stars and shared a kiss at the end. Then the started to walk back. Suddenly, ponyboy saw a mustang roll up to the curb. Three socs got out. The socs began to walk towards them. Ponyboy recognized randy and cherry, but not the third one. Soon randy and the new guy started to talk to ponyboy. "Oh ho! Greasers got a girl! Bring her over,we'll take care of her!" Cherry and Emily tried to stop them from getting hurt,but it was no use. Soon all three guys had their switchblades out and were fighting. In the end,ponyboy had a bloody nose. Then,they went back to the house. Later, that night ponyboy went to bed unusually late. 

The next day,Emily woke up and was terrified to see someone staring at her. It was Sodapop who laughed and laughed." You should have seen your face"! He said in between gulps of air.

Ponyboy woke up to the smell of frying bacon and the sound of female laughter. He went sleepily down to the kitchen and saw the wonderful meal. At the sight of Emily, he blushed and turned away to find a plate.