Welcome home

“Please, fasten your seatbelt. Thank you for flying with Icelandair.” I did as the lady said, and so did Shawn. I started to pack my stuff, which only consisted of putting headphones and my book in my bag. I closed my bag, and i leaned back in my seat. I closed my eyes, taking a deep breath. Shawn took my hand, and intertwined our fingers. “You okay, baby?” he asked, looking worried at me. I nodded, starting to chew extremly at the gum. “You’ll be fine babe.” He started to rub the back of my hand, and it made me calm down.

If you’re wondering, I’m right now on a plane with Shawn, on our way on a holiday at my hometown. I hate flying, because I’m afraid of heights. So i was literally going to die. Or, i thought. And if I didn’t chew on the gum, i would chew on my nails. So I’ll just keep going on with the gum.

There was a small bump, as a sign to that we landed, and i breathed out, very happy. I looked out of the window, as Shawn’s head was next to mine, looking out of the window too. I looked at him and smiled. “Welcome to Denmark, Shawn!” He smiled at me, and gave me a kiss.

We walked out of the plane, hand in hand. Shawn had my backpack, as some of his stuff where in it too. Some people gave us a stare, probably because of Shawn. We walked over to the luggage, and started waiting for our bags. “It’s Shawn!” Both Shawn and I reacted on his name, and we both turned around. There was two teenage girls on my age - which is 14 - running towards us. “Shawn, Shawn, we love you!” Shawn just laughed, and gave them both a hug.

They both turned to me, and gave me a hug too. “Would you please take a picture?” they asked nicely. I nodded and smiled to them, and took a picture of them and Shawn. “Thank you!” We waved to them, as they went off. Our luggage finally arrived, so Shawn took them down from the board they were rolling on.

“Ready to go?” he asked, taking my hand. “I am! My aunt, cousins and four of my friends should be there.” He nodded, and we started to walk. Shawn opened the door out to the arriving place, where family come and pick you up. And nope, there wasn’t my aunt, cousins and four friends. Or there was, but not only them. My other uncle and aunt, and my old class and two of my teachers. Even them i didn’t really talk to came here!

“Welcome home Y/N!” they all cheered and waving with the danish flag. I stood completely speechless with my hands covering my mouth, giggling like crazy. Shawn laughed at me, and threw his hands in the air. “Welcome home babygirl!” I looked up at him, confused. “You set this up?!” He wrapped his arms around me, and hugged me tightly. “Yup, I did. I knew how much you missed them all, you haven’t seen them in like, three years!” I giggled again, and he gave me a kiss on the forehead, pulling me very close to him.

Shawn’s POV:

I knew how much she missed them all. Even them she didn’t really talk to in her old class. She moved to Canada in an age of 11, because her step dad got a job here. I knew how devastated she had to leave. Everyone was crying, and the whole class came to the airport to say goodbye. She has a big picture in her room, with pictures of her class together on some trips or just for fun. Then she has some other small pictures with her closest friends, but i knew her class meant a lot to her.

She ran over to her best friend of 14 years first. She was the one she missed the most. Then the one of 10 years. Then one of 7 years. And at last, one of 3 years. I knew she missed them so much, and whenever it was possible, they skyped for like, 6 hours straight. They even turned their night and day routines, so they could have a sleepover. Those 5 girls were unbreakable. They have the strongest friendship. It’s incredible.

I stood in the background, admiring her. I watched as she cried of happiness, hugging her old friends. Hugging her family. Watching her, being happy. Happier than she ever has been. She turned to look at me, giving me a smile. I smiled back, as she started running towards me. She jumped straight into my arms, and i hugged her tight. Her legs was wrapped around my waist. “Thank you so much for this Shawn. Thank you,” she whispered, still crying. You could hear people taking pictures, but I didn’t really care. “Everything for you, my little cookie.” She pulled away, looking me in the eyes. “I love you so much muffin.” She laughed, and so did i. “I love you too.” I gave her a long, passionate kiss.

If traveling across the world could make my princess happy, then I will do it.

 (AN: so, i'll do some more parts to this imagine, so i will make small stories. you get me? i hope so. hope you like it. and yes, i'm from denmark, sooo, hahah!)