Chapter 17

"Carl?" I whimpered and leaned on the frame of the cell door.

He looked up at me with narrow eyes and continued to mess with his gun.

"Carl!" I said louder and he still ignored me.

"Go away Bella!" He snapped and stood up.

"No! You can't tell me what to do! And you don't have to be mean! I'm sorry about your mom but-"

"Don't you dare mention her ever again!" He yelled and got in my face.

"Stop being such a jerk and stop acting like you're the only on that has ever lost someone!" I screed and held my hot tears in. "I've lost my mother too, and my brother!"

"I-" he started but I flipped him off.

"I don't want to here it Grimes!" I stomped off to the cafeteria and sat down at one of the tables.

It was silent until I heard faint footsteps. "What ye doing all alone?" Daryl asked and sat down next to me.

"Wishin' I were dead."

"Why would ye ever say something as stupid as that?" He set his crossbow down on the table.

"It's not stupid. I wanna be with my mom, my brother. Nobody needs me here," I said and played with my bracelet.

"Thats stupid. What about your dad, Maggie, Beth, Glenn, Carl, me? You're like my little sister. I ain't letting you go anywhere," he joked.

"Oh yea?" I laughed.

"Yep!" He then got me in a headlock and started ruffling my hair.

"Stop it! Daryllllll!" I laughed and somehow twisted my head out of his grip. Then I quickly grabbed his crossbow and took off down the hall.

"You get back here with my baby!" He yelled and chased me. I chuckled to myself when he called his crossbow his 'baby'.

"NEVERRRRR!" I sprinted up the stairs and reached the end on the wall. "Uh oh!" I was cornered as Daryl cornered me. I looked down to see glenn walking into the cell block. "Glenn catch!" He looked up as I dropped the crossbow down to him. He caught it and I dropped down to the first floor of the cell block. "Thanks!" I grabbed the crossbow from Glenn and ran back into the cafeteria.

"Beth hide me!" I squealed and hid behind her as Daryl ran in.

"Give me that!" He said out of breath and grabbed his 'baby' back. I stuck out my tongue and put up both my middle fingers. Daryl then faked teared up. "I'm so proud! You finally followed in my footsteps and flipped someone off!" He said.

~~~~~

"Glenn and I are heading out to get formula," Maggie said and slung her bag over her shoulder.

"Can I come?" I asked.

"Are you sure?" My sister asked.

I glanced over at Carl who gave me a look that said: if you go in this run I will kill you.

"Yea, I'm sure. I wanna help Judith. Lori would've wanted me too," I said and Carl rushed out of the room with anger filling his face.

"Okay then you gotta go get ready." I nodded and rushed to my cell where I quickly packed a bag.

"I can't let you go on this run," Carl told me.

"Oh really?" I started. "Guess what Grimes, you can't tell me what to do! You're not the only person who lost someone! Wake up!"

I didn't let him respond, I rushed out of the cell and outside where Glenn and a Maggie were waiting. I got in the backseat and as we pulled out of the prison I noticed Carl rushing out of the prison with a tear streaked face.