Chapter Five- Running Away

A moment had passed and I hadn't died yet. I look outside, the car was not moving. I saw him outside. I gulped. I didn't want to go out now. He looked up at me with his award winning smirk. His eyes were piercing into mine.

"Come to me." I heard him say.

You can say it was like hypnosis but it wasn't it was just that I didn't want to die. I obeyed him silently. I knew he was going to kill me if I didn't listen. I open the door and surprisingly it was open. I go to him.

"Katherine." He said my name for the first time as he shook his head like a father disappointed in his son or daughter. "Why did you do that? Why did you run? I offered you a deal but you chose to go against me."

"Why are you doing this? You're the one who made the car turn on, right?" The words choked out of me. It was hard to talk while I was crying.

"Yes"

I was surprised by his answer. I knew he was going to say that but it still shocked me. Now this led me to my next question...

"What are you?" I asked, trying to be strong.

"The same thing you are, an immortal"

"What's that?"

"There are people who never die and they have supernatural powers" He explained.

"Supernatural powers?" I asked.

"Yes supernatural powers. Immortals have these powers in them. The powers are supernatural speed, enhanced strength, the power of healing, control over fire, the power of cloning and dream manipulation." 

"But then why do you want to kill me?" I ask him desperately.

"Didn't you hear what I said earlier? You are an immortal and a very strong one too. Your powers haven't awakened yet but they will slowly. And the two strongest immortals in future and right now are me and you. I want to be the most powerful immortal you're your in the way so you have to die."

"What? I don't want to die!" I yelled.

I didn't want to die yet! It was too early for that! I'm only 16 for god's sake.

"Then marry me. Be my bride and together we'll be the King and Queen."

"No I won't marry you, I hate you. You're so cruel and evil."

"Then I guess you'll have to die."

He brought out a knife from his pocket and came close to me. I walked backwards, was he really going to kill me? A few cars were passing by and I took that as a chance to distract him.