Coming Out; questioning!Spam Risk x Reader

Ik for the most part I've just made crack content, but wanted to make this for some reason. Fun.

~

"Hey... Y/N?" your boyfriend, spam risk said, nervousness seeping into the words. Did I say something wrong? Is he hurt? Was I supposed to give him my mother's new last name too?

  So many thoughts flooded through your head that, had he not called your name again, you would've forgotten to respond entirely.

"Augh- I'm sorry, I zoned out for a second I-" you were caught off by laughter. Not natural laughter though, but a laugh that was meant just to fill what would've otherwise been silence.

Frickity frack back barack

"Don't worry about it too much, happens to all of us sometimes, you know?" Another forced chuckle followed.

"True. Is everything okay though?"

"Well I was thinking the other day, and..." What followed was silence. "Nevermind, it wasntreallyimportant..." You couldn't quite make out the last part.

"Didn't catch that last part, could you repeat that?"

"Ah, don't worry about it, Y/N..." he said awkwardly. "Wasn't important anyways."

Bullshit. And you knew it as well.

Most of the time "it wasn't really important" translates to "I don't want you to judge me for what I'm saying."

And even if it were truly unimportant, you guys talked about insignificant things all the time, like balloons, color theory, how the state of America was getting worse and worse at any given moment, lotion brands.

Though you knew it was important, you decided to play dumb.

"Even if it wasn't important, you can say it anyways," you offered.

"No, really," he insisted.

"Babe? What's wrong?" He let out a heavy sigh in response. "You know you can talk to me, right? I'm really bad at comforting and everything, but I'll listen." You broke into his defenses, and Spam Risk finally started to open up.

"I've just been thinking about how something just isn't quite right..." You waited for him to elaborate. "If it wouldn't be too much, I'd like to start trying they/them pronouns as well? I don't mind he/him, I just..."

"That's totally fine with me, Spam Risk!" You replied cheerfully.

"Really?" They replied.

"Really, you're still my partner, and I'll love you no matter what happens," you said.

"You're the best, Y/N," they said.