Hickeys From My Bedbugs

When I arrived at the building I could hardly see it. The pink and grey bricks were hidden by a wall of trees that had overgrown within 20 metres of the house.

It was clear that nobody had lived here for years. Terry drove me as far as her car could go but then I was left to make the rest of the journey with my luggage on foot.

"I'm gonna miss you, Ted. But jeez this place is massive! You're gonna be living like a king." She hugged me through her open car window.

"There's no electricity in this house, I don't know about service either. But if you need me I guess send a Raven with a note?" I shrugged and pulled my guitar over my shoulder.

Terry started her car and began to reverse down the road.
"When I come back you better sing me that damn song!" She yelled as she rolled up her window.

The aforementioned song was something I had been working on for quite some time, but I just hadn't gotten anywhere. I was too distracted to get anything done.

Terry thought that maybe moving into this house earlier than planned might give me time to focus on my music.

I hope she is right. I haven't had a gig since my mum died.

I made my way through the overgrown shrubbery and almost slipped into a large pond. I was ninety nine percent sure Terry took me through the back instead of the front.

My suspicion was confirmed when I finally reached the house.

There was a large road framed by trees that went for as far as the eye could see stemming from the front door to the house.

Now that I was at the front of the building I could fully appreciate the architecture-