Chapter 25

"You steady me and stir me all at once."

Staples Centre was packed with musicians, celebrities, interviewers and fans. Everybody was dressed to the nines. Reporters and photographers screamed and requested the artists and their companions to answer questions and pose for them. Fans arrived at the entrance to catch glimpses of their favourite celebrities.

However, the arrival of a certain brunette in a red and white gradient gown caught the attention of every single individual present there. As soon as she stepped out of the limousine with the help of her father, after her parents and sister, every head snapped towards her. 

Her elegant red and white gown was paired with blood red stilettos and light makeup, keeping it as natural as she could. Her brown waves cascaded down her back like water falling from a waterfall. Her smile was dazzling and her eyes shimmered with excitement. The train to her gown trailed as she glided against the asphalt, clinging onto her father's arm.

The hired bodyguards escorted her and her family towards the entrance of the red carpet. 

"How are you feeling, pumpkin?" Her father whispered.

Smiling, she answered, "Holding up pretty well, Dad. Just worried that all this might overwhelm me too much." 

"It's alright! I am gonna be right here beside you, Winter."

"I appreciate it, Dad." Winter answered. She glanced over at her mother and her sister. They gave her a reassuring smile.

"Here's goes nothing." She muttered to herself, as she let go of her father and strode onto the carpet.

"Winter, look here." 

"Winter, how are you feeling?"

"Winter, what song are you going to perform tonight?"

"Can you look towards the left?!"

"Give a twirl please!"

"A picture with your family please!"

Winter calmly heeded to their instructions and answered their questions politely. In a few moments, her manager, Martha and her publicist, Samantha, excused the reporters and the photographers on her behalf and led her towards the interviewers, her family tagging along.

"OH MY GOD, WE HAVE WINTER ADDINGTON WITH US!!!" One the interviewers squealed.

Winter let out a chuckle, "I am as excited to meet you guys as you are to meet me! Let me just say tell you girls that you look gorgeous tonight!"

The other interviewer gasped, "STAWP! You're like the epitome of gorgeous tonight! Look. At That. Dress! You look like you've come out of a fairytale! Can give us a twirl?!"

She twirled around and did a dramatic bow, making the interviewers giggle.

"How are you feeling tonight?! I mean this is your fifth Grammy nomination, right?!" The interviewer in the black sequin dress gushed.

"In all respects, it's surreal to even be considered for such an esteemed award! It's a really great feeling."

The interviewer in the golden rhinestone dress asked, "What are you going to performing today? News is that you got an orchestra prepped for the performance." She wiggled her eyebrows at the brunette.

The brunette simply smiled, "That's for me to know and you to find out."

As if on cue, her publicist informed the interviewers that is was time to go. They bade farewell and Winter and her family were on their way into Staples Centre.