chapter twelve

Tommy woke up the next morning beside Tubbo in the inn that they had booked the day prior. His friend was squirming around in his sleep, probably about to wake up, but still trying to steal all of the blankets he could.

Tommy sat himself up quickly, looking around in confusion. He and Techno had been out just hours ago, right? They fell back asleep in Hypixel and Tommy assumed they would wake up in the forest, but Tommy never remembered the trek from the woods back to the inn. But it was so vivid, it was real, right?

Tommy hoped it was anyway. Maybe that was just some kind of extra magic thing Techno had set up so that they didn't have to make the walk back. He shrugged and pulled himself out of bed to get dressed.

As he dragged his feet across the floor, still too tired in the morning haze to care, Tommy was casually walking across the level floor one second but then on the floor the other. Tommy heard his friend jump up at the sound of his tumble and quickly scurry over to the end of the bed to look at him.

Tommy flipped over on his back and looked down at his feet to see what he tripped over- oh. It was the sheathed sword that Techno had given him the previous night in before they left. Well, that answered Tommy's questions.

Tubbo blearily looked between him and the sword, then back at Tommy, "M'what?" he murmured in confusion.

Tommy sat his head heavily back down on the floor, "'s a long story," Tommy groaned. His running around all throughout the night plus the traveling they had done all day up onto that point hit Tommy like a horse, and he wasn't sure if he could will himself off the floor for at least an hour.

"Are you going to get off the floor?" Tubbo asked him, still lying face down in the bed.

"Mmm no," Tommy told him.

"Okay," Tubbo said, pushing himself forward and onto the floor beside Tommy, tumbling loudly and almost falling blatantly on top of his friend.

Tommy fumbled out of the way of his friend, "Oh my god Tubbo-" Tommy started.

"I'm going back to sleep," Tubbo insisted.

Tommy paused, sighed, then responded, "Me too."

And Tommy did. He fell asleep once again, on the floor, next to his best friend. About two hours go by before someone finally walks into their room to get them up and out.

Phil was, to be quaint, just a little confused why they were asleep on the floor, but at this point he didn't question it too much. He walked over to the two curled up dead asleep on the floor and kicked them in the side lightly in an effort to wake up.

"Good afternoon, boys," Phil's voice rang out.

Tubbo's eyes fluttered open while Tommy curled himself up even further and shut his eyes, "Noooo," he whined, "Five more minutes, Phil."

"Tommy, it's almost two o'clock in the afternoon," Phil told him.

At that, Tommy shot up, "Oh my god! Why didn't you just tell me!" He insisted.

Beside him, Tubbo also hastily got himself up beside Tommy. He rubbed the sleep from his eyes and did some addition on his fingers, "I've been asleep for... 17 hours?"

"I thought you boys needed it. It doesn't matter much anyway, I've just been down by the docks for most of the day getting us a ship while the rest gather supplies or are also sleeping. I think Techno is finally getting some sleep too," Phil told them. "I have us a boat prepared at the harbor, I'm thinking we leave around five-thirty or six."

Tommy and Tubbo nodded, "That sounds like a good plan," Tommy agreed, "How long is the boat trip? And what about the horses?"

"We'll be out there for four or five days, so make sure you have books or something to keep yourself entertained. As for the horses, we'll be leaving them here and we'll get them on our way back. The city we'll be docking in is a lot like this city and it has places where we can get some horses," Phil told them.