chapter three

tw// blood, bleeding out, coughing up blood, impaling 

The ride home was nothing too special and in the end, Tommy fell asleep on Techno's shoulder in the carriage and didn't wake up back up until the next morning to Tubbo knocking on his door, budding with questions and informing him that he was to be in the dining hall for breakfast.

The time that Tommy spent asleep seemed to go well for all those who were awake. Tommy answered his friend's questions to the best of his ability as they wandered down the halls, and told him about the deck he stole from Red'Za.

When the pair walked into the dining room, Phil'Za, Kristin, Techno, and Wilbur were already seated, chatting lightly as they feasted. Tommy sat down next to Techno and beckoned his friend to come sit next to him. He figured if Phil could bring home some random siren into the castle, Tommy could get his friend to sit beside him.

Breakfast didn't take too long as Phil'Za still had people to attend to, but Kristin and Wilbur seemed to get along well and Techno seemed to let his guard down. Tommy insisted that he show Wilbur around the grounds, but both Techno and Kristin were quick to shut him down, instead letting Techno leave with the mysterious man.

But Tommy wasn't about to let Techno have all the fun. He said a quick farewell to Kristin before excusing himself and Tubbo to follow after the pair.

Techno was not a very fun tour guide, Tommy would like to add. His monotone comments sounded exactly like half of his professors as he carelessly motioned down halls. Tommy would definitely have been a lot more fun for the new guy, but alas, was 'too likely to get stuck somewhere' or 'too likely to commit a minor felony'. Bullshit.

Tubbo and Tommy followed after the welcome party in silence for a while, occasionally mocking Techno when his disinterest shone through. Wilbur seemed much more interested in it all, but Tommy guessed that wasn't a hard assumption to come to.

They wound out outside the palace, they wandered through the statuaries and hedge mazes, and then finally ended up back in the great hall. Tommy and Tubbo finally emerged from behind them, but Techno didn't even acknowledge them.

The four wandered up the hall, approaching the throne where Phil'Za sat, surrounded by a few officers. Techno turned to Tommy as they walked, "Well, since you clearly want to show this guy around, who don't you show him to one of the rooms?" Techno commented.

Tommy was about to say some snarky comment before Techno cut in, "-Tommy you are literally the loudest person I know, you're not smooth."

Tommy furrowed his brow and muttered some curse, but shrugged it off quickly, "Whatever, sure," He turned to the siren, "Here, follow me. I've gotcha," Tommy said, beckoning for Wilbur to follow after him.

"If he leads you down some dark alley and tries to scam you, just kick him or something," Techno called out after them, chuckling a little when Tommy responded by sticking up his middle finger.

Tubbo was left standing beside Techno and Tommy was about to disappear through a corridor. He turned to Techno, about to comment something, but was interrupted.

[song; Caesar by the Oh Hellos]

It was a strange sight for all who witnessed. Tommy and Wilbur shot around when they heard it, running back into the room. Techno grabbed Tubbo and pulled him to the side, and upon the throne, the officers around Phil grabbed the weapons strewn across their backs and formed a small circle of protection around the king.

At first, they heard footsteps from some unseeable being, then in the blink of an eye, there laid what was perhaps a high elf, doubled over himself as if begging for his life in front of a cruel king. He seemed to be surrounded by mauve particles and when he coughed, deep red blood came out onto the pristine white floor.