Chapter 2

The end of the summer vacation came too quickly for Percy's liking.He was looking forward to getting back to Hogwarts but he was worried for about the monsters attacking them. Luckily Hecate, the God of magic (A nice God compared to the others) said that the mist is thick enough to cover his scent.

So when the first of September came, he and his mom crossed the barriers and arrived at platform nine and three quarters. He saw the Grangers looking better.

"Hey Hermione." he greeted her.

She gasped at him. "the world is ending and Percy Jackson actually made it on time."

"Haha very funny," he said rolling his eyes. "Where's Harry and Ron?"

"They haven't come yet," Hermione replied. "Let's find an empty compartment."

But when it reached eleven o clock, and there was no sign of their friends. Percy Weasley, the twins and Ginny made it but not Ron and Harry.

It was silent. They bought cold pumpkin juice and cauldron cakes but then Hermionenoticed something strange

"Percy look!" she shouted and Percy turned around to see a light blue ford Anglia and dangling outside was Harry Potter

"Isn't that? What is it?" Percy was lost for words as Harry was pulled in by Ron.

"Harry and Ron are in there." Hermione breathed out. "Oh, gods what have they gotten themselves into."

Hermione relax," he said though it sounded like he was trying to make himself relax. 

when they got down, they went to the carriage with the Weasley twins and Ginny. They told what they had seen in the compartment and the twins frowned saying that they should've done that. Not Ron which resulted in a thorough scolding laid by Hermione.

They reached the great halls and sat at the Gryffindor table. Percy was so worried that he barely listened to Dumbledore's speech and the only thing he caught was Gilderoy Lockhart introduction. He also noticed that Snape wasn't there.

The doors opened and McGonagall came in with the first years. They were sorted and only heard Ginny, Ron's sister was sorted into Gryffindor.

Then Snape came in all his glory. He whispered a few words to McGonagall, then to Dumbledore. Professor McGonagall lips pressed in a very thin line. Dumbledore, however, looked unusually grave. Both of them nodded and the three left the hall.

"What do you think Snape told them?" Percy asked, after eating his third pork chop.

"Maybe it's something to do with Harry and Ron." Hermione shrugged. "You know about the thing"

Percy nodded. Then the three professors came back. Dumbledore and McGonagall came in looking rather smug while Snape looked so furious, if a look kills a person, he would've died a dozen times and again. After the food disappeared and the deserts came, Percy Weasley told them the password and left the great hall and walked back to the Gryffindor room. There they saw a small and skinny boy wearing glasses and a tall and lanky boy with flaming red hair and freckles.

"There you are! Where have you been? The most ridiculous way to enter school...

"At least they didn't get expelled 'mione," Percy said but shivered under her glare.

"Skip the lecture," said Ron impatiently, "and tell us the new password."

"It's 'wattlebird,'" said Hermione impatiently, "but that's not the point—"

Her words were cut short, however, as the portrait of the fat lady swung open and there was a sudden storm of clapping. It looked as though the whole of Gryffindor House was still awake, packed into the circular common room, standing on the lopsided tables and squashy armchairs, waiting for them to arrive. Arms reached through the portrait hole to pullHarry and Ron inside, leaving Hermione and Percy to scramble in after them.

"Brilliant!" yelled Lee Jordan. "Inspired! What an entrance! Flying car right into the Whomping Willow, people'll be talking about that one for years —"

"Good for you," said a fifth year Harry had never spoken to; someonewas patting him on the back as though he'd just won a marathon; Fred andGeorge pushed their way to the front of the crowd and said together, "Whycouldn't we've come in the car, eh?" Ron was scarlet in the face, grinningembarrassedly. The only people who weren't pleased were Hermione and Percy Weasley.

"Got to get upstairs — bit tired," Harry said, and the two of them startedpushing their way and towards the door on the other side of the room, which ledto a spiral staircase and the dormitories.

 "'Night," Harry called back to Hermione, who was wearing a scowl justlike Percy's. 

They hurried upit, right to the top, and at last reached the door of their old dormitory,which now had a sign on it saying SECOND YEARS. They entered thefamiliar, circular room, with its six four-posters hung with red velvet andits high, narrow windows. Their trunks had been brought up for them andstood at the ends of their beds.

 Ron grinned guiltily at Harry."I know I shouldn't've enjoyed that or anything, but —" 

The dormitory door flew open and in came the other second yearGryffindor boys, Percy Jackson, Seamus Finnigan, Dean Thomas, and NevilleLongbottom. 

"Unbelievable!" beamed Seamus. 

"Cool," said Dean. 

"Amazing," said Neville, awestruck.

"What an entrance!" said Percy smiling

 Harry couldn't help it. He grinned, too.