Chapter 38

6 years later~

Fell Palette's POV
It's been 6 years since we decided to move to L.A. We sold our old house and we are only 10 minutes away from my moms house. Jay is now 9 years old. Me and Palette both have better jobs. Well I actually have a job. I work at a near by music shop and Palette became a therapist. Right now I'm driving to pick up Jay from school. I usually pick him up from school because my work is closer. Also he usually just comes to my work for an hour. Because you know he gets off and hour before me. But my boss is fine with it as long as he doesn't cause trouble. But my boss really doesn't mind.

When I got to the school I saw Jay sitting by himself on the bench while all the other kids were running around. He smiled when he saw my car. He smiled and ran to it. He opened the door and climbed in. "Hey did you have a good day at school?" I asked. He nodded. "That's good" I said. I saw him lean forward and open up the glove box. He pulled out my Death Of A Bachelor disc. He put it into the radio. "You alright buddy?" I asked. "I'm fine" he said and looked out the window. He's been acting like this lately. I think he will be fine. I just started driving back to my work. Also he's been learning words like fuck and hate. He's gonna just like me. 

We got to my work and walked in. I handed Jay my phone and he went into the break room. "Jay if you need anything come get me" I said. He nodded and walked off. I went to the record player and put a record on it. It started playing Old Time Rock & Roll. This is a song I can listen to 24/7. I saw Jay walk out of the break room. He loves this song. That gave me an idea. I walked over to him and grabbed his hands. I then started spinning him around. He looked a little scared but started dancing along with me. But that soon ended because a customer walked in. I just asked if they needed help and they just wanted to buy an album.

Time skip to when they went home~

Finally I was done working and took me and Jay came home. "Jay before you go in your room what should I make for dinner?" I asked. He shrugged. "I don't know. Can I just have some quesadillas? But don't put any meat in it" he asked. "Sure you go change into different clothes and come back I need to talk to you" I said. He looked a little scared but nodded. He probably thinks he's in trouble. I've just been thinking about something. Every time Jay eats he never wants to eat meat. I honestly think he's vegetarian. But I'm not sure. He definitely not vegan because he'll eat products from animals he just won't eat animals. Also he wears a lot of leather so yea.

Jay came back downstairs in some of his comfy clothes. I finished up his food and handed it to him. He started inspecting it. "There's no meat. I promise" I said. He smiled and we went sit at the table. Jay started eating and I just sat there. Jay then asked "am I in trouble?" "Oh no. I just wanted to talk to you about something" I said. He just nodded. "So I wanted to know if you're vegetarian" I said. Jay sighed and said "I don't know. I just don't like eating meat" "and that is perfect fine. I just wanted to know" I said. He nodded and continued eating. Palette should be getting home soon. So that's good.

Time skip to when Palette got home~

Palette's POV
I got home and walked inside. I was really tired. I mean really fucking tired. I finally noticed that no one was home. What the hell? Jay wasn't even watching tv. I walked up stairs and no one was there. I called out for Jay and Fell Palette. I just decided to call Fell Palette. Thankfully he picked up. "Hey what's up?" He said. "Where are you?" I asked. "Oh. Me and Jay went to get donuts" he said. "It's 8:00 at night. How the fuck do you guys plan on getting donuts?" I said. "My mom" Fell Palette said. I just sighed. "Ok. Well get home soon. I love you" I said. "I love you too" he said and hung up.

Ok. I'm am going to sleep. I don't feel like waiting for them. I walked up the stairs and grabbed some clothes. I grabbed an ACϟDC shirt and some sweat pants. Ok I'll admit that some of them were Fell Palette's clothes but he's my husband therefore I get to wear his clothes. Ok. I don't wear his pants because he's way too fucking tall. But I do wear his shirts. So yea. I walked to the bathroom and turned on the shower. I waited for the shower to warm up for a bit. I took my clothes off and got in. I was in the shower for a while mostly thinking. But I think everyone can admit that they do that. Maybe it's just me. Am I going crazy? No probably not. Well maybe. Nah.

Once I finished my shower I dried off and got dressed. I walked to me and Fell Palette's room and got in bed. I got under all the blankets. I was really cold for some reason. I got my phone and texted Fell Palette if he was almost home. He texted back that he was just leaving his moms house. Great. They'll be here soon. I got up and put on one of Fell Palette's jackets. I don't know why I'm soo cold. Great now I'm hungry. I walked downstairs and looked in the fridge. I grabbed the left over gumbo. I brought it to the counter and put some in a bowl. I put it in the microwave and waited for it to heat up. Once it finished I went to the table. That's when the door opened.

Fell Palette's POV
The second we got home Jay ran in. He always gets excited when Palette gets home. But for some reason he rather be with me. Not that he hates Palette he says that he loves me more so yea. I don't know. I walked in with the bag my mom gave me. "MOM!!!!!" I heard Jay scream happily. When I went into the kitchen I saw Jay and Palette hugging at the table. I walked by the table and put the bag on the counter before I went by them. I walked by Palette and he looked really tired. I gave him a hug and kiss. He just smiled at me. "Hey" he said tiredly. "Hey. I can tell you're tired" I said. He just nodded. Palette then got up and stretched. "I'm going to bed" he said. I just nodded.

After Palette went to bed I looked at Jay. He looked a little tired. I smiled and asked "You ready to go to bed?" "Yea. I'm tired" he said. I nodded. "We'll go shower and get me when you're done" I said. "Alrighty" Jay said and started walking upstairs. I walked upstairs too. I just went to me and Palette's room. I saw Palette passed out. Jesus. He's really tired. I started changing into some clothes. I would shower but I don't feel like it. I mean I don't have work tomorrow so yea. Because I have to go to the doctor.

All of a sudden Palette spoke up, making me jump slightly. "Baby" I heard Palette say. "Yea" I said. He sat up and said "you've been talking to Jay a lot and I wanted to know if he told you that he wanted a sibling" "he's never told me that. Has he said that to you?" I asked. "Yes. He tells me all the time" he said. I nodded and said "Well I'll go talk to him. I'm going bring him to bed anyways. I love you. Goodnight" "I love you too. Good night" he said. I then walked off and waited until Jay was done in the shower.

Once Jay was done we walked to his room. He laid down and I sat beside him. "Jay did you tell your mom that you wanted a sibling?" I asked. He looked embarrassed but nodded I then asked "Why didn't you tell me? I thought I was like your best friend" "You are my best friend but I just thought you didn't want another kid" he said. "No Jay. It's not that I don't want another kid. I can't have another kid. I've tried. A lot" I said. He just nodded sadly. Oh god. I don't want him to get sad over this. What do I tell him?

Then I had an idea.

I then asked "How about I talk to your mom about adopting?" "Yea" he said happily. I smiled. "Alright. Well you don't have school tomorrow because you have to go to the doctor. And so do I. So we can go see about it" I said. Jay nodded. I then gave him a kiss on the forehead and said "Alright. Goodnight Jay. I love you" "goodnight dad. I love you too. If moms still awake tell him I love him" he said. I just nodded and walked to me and Palette's room. Palette was completely passed out. I just got in bed and went to sleep.

Time skip to middle of the night~

I was sleeping. You know the thing you're supposed to do at night? Yea. When I woke up. I felt someone shaking me. I looked to the side and it was Jay. "Hey buddy what's wrong?" I asked. "I had a nightmare" he said. I looked at him confused and said "Jay you know that I'm a heavy sleeper and that your moms a light sleeper. Why did you wake me up? I mean you could've just got in the bed" "I know I just woke you up because I don't know" he said.

Oh my Josh Dun.

I sighed. "Alright. Get in the bed" I said. He smiled and climbed into the bed. He got in between me and Palette. He scooted closer to me and put his head on my arm. I just ruffled his hair and kissed his head. I then heard him whisper "Goodnight dad. I love you" "goodnight Jay. I love you too" I whispered back. I heard him whisper to Palette that he loved him. That's sweet. He always does that. He doesn't care if we're asleep he always tells us goodnight. I soon drifted off to sleep.

To be continued~
1833 words