Chapter 4

Roland's POV

As we walked to Sofia and Hugo. They had very surprised looks on their faces.

Sofia asked as she looked at me surprised, "Dad is this you and Garrick with a younger boy than you in this picture?"

I looked at the book and it was a picture of me, Garrick with an old friend of ours.

Me and Garrick saw a picture of me with Garrick with a blonde boy.

I gave Garrick a bittersweet smile as I explained to them, "Sofia, Hugo this was an old friend of ours." "Connor." "He was a friend of ours when we were spies and we worked together on missions and we were best friends and he was practically a brother in our eyes." "But once the feud erupted between us." "We lost touch but before Amber the James were born and before I met your mother Sofia." "He tried to steal two rare jewellery from the jewel room." "Your amulet and a sceptre magically connected to your amulet."

Garrick continued, "When he was 20 and we were 21." "And we married and on the day of Roland's coronation day." "He tried to take it but thankfully the griffins stopped him and he was taken to prison for his crimes." "He also got married and he married a great woman called, Eliza, or Elizabeth." "And he had a son called Stefan."

Sofia's POV

We were shocked that Stefan's dad was a criminal. I started to feel dizzy, it must've been the dart from before.

Hugo looked at me concerned as he said softly, he put my hand on my shoulder, "Sofia you doing okay?"

I put my hand on my forehead, the world started spinning.

I heard Hugo say in more concerned tone, "Sofia?"

Then I heard another voice from the door of the library, "Sofia?" "Hugo?"

All of us turned around in shock and we saw Stefan and his mother Eliza.

Hugo was holding on to me tightly as I sat back down on the couch, "What are you doing here?"

Stefan said with a smile, "We're here to help you and Sof." "And your exes that you encountered before well yes they were actually both your exes and then kingdom and everything they said was a lie." "Apart from the fact they said they wanted you to themselves."

Elizabeth said as she sat down next to me, "And we owe Sofia my live." "So we'll do anything to help you."

I stood up weakly as I leaned on Elizabeth to go back to get some rest since it was definitely something in the dart. It felt like poison. But a different type from the one I encountered when I was fourteen.

Hugo's POV

Sofia left to rest. I turned to Stefan.

He smiled as he sat down, "Hugo I know you're worried about her but I think you should be more than worried about her."

My eyes widen with shock and fear as I asked loudly, "What do you mean by that?!"

He gave me a bittersweet smile as he put his hand on my shoulder comfortingly, "Dude my dad is unpredictable." "That dart he asked his men to do to her, that is filled with poison from the Dark forest." "He got it from the sap from the trees to make it strong enough to kill her and get her amulet." "He will do absolutely ANYTHING to do get her amulet."

I asked in a calm tone, "What do you mean by ANYTHING?"

He said as he shook his head, "Dude, Hugo, man you know you have to protect her and your family and hers." "Because if there's anything about my father, he doesn't give up ever until he has achieved his goal."