Chapter 31

Sofia's POV

We quickly went to a small cottage where Lucy is.

I knocked on her door of the cottage and I saw her and immediately hugged her tightly as we came in.

Hugo asked as he looked at me with a questioning look, "Baby who's this?"

I turned to him as I gave him a peck on the cheek, "Someone who can help us." "Someone who can help all of us especially the kingdom and the realm."

James asked as he sat down waiting for Lucy to come back, "How do we know we can trust her?"

Lucy soon came back as she smiled softly at us, "Because I'm a good witch not wizard." "But I can help you if you all can trust me."

Everyone looked at me with a questioning look, when Hugo step forward and said with a smile, "Okay if you trust her then we will too."

Amber asked as she sat down, "How did you two meet?"

Lucy smiled as she reminisced on the moment we first met, "Well it was during one of her missions and she needed some magical assistance or help." "Some guys were going to take her for bait for the king but I helped her with it."

I said as I clapped my hands together, "Well enough with the questions." "We can't sit still and look pretty as Clarence decides to take over the realm." "I started to look around, Let's get down to business to defeat Clarence and his son Thomas."

We started to look at the books for a few hours until Lucy shouted in a obvious tone, "Wait a minute!" "Sofia you have the sceptre of Enchantment!" "You can take on Clarence one on one!"

Everyone looked at me as I looked up as I gulped nervously fiddling with my ear, "Uhhh okay but I'll need practice with my sceptre."

She smiled as she squeezed my hand in a comforting way, "Don't worry I'll help you and you won't be alone." "You have a team you're still fighting."

I sighed as I got up with my sceptre, "Okay let's start."

Once we started it felt like there was no end. There was blaze, barrier, shield, lightning apparently because my sceptre has different powers. Tomorrow we start fighting for the realm.

All I know is that he has a ship ready to go to Neverland. I have to be prepared for anything. We have to be ready for anything.

Clarence's POV

I was going to check on the ship for Neverland but I could tell something was bothering Thomas.

I asked in concern as I turned to him, "Son is something wrong?"

He sighed as he walked to me, "Dad don't you think what we're doing is wrong?"

I asked confused as I looked at him, "Whatever do you mean son?"

He asked as he made eye contact with me, "Dad don't you want a happy life not a miserable, sad one?" "Don't you want a life that's not miserable?"

I replied with a smile, "Son what I'm doing is for you, for us to be happy."

He nodded as he looked down and left the room. Why do I feel like I'm a disappointed father figure to my own son? Is this what Connor went through? No I'm going to stick to the plan.