Chapter 3

"Why didnt you tell me!!!??" I screamed furiously at my dad.

" I was going to tell you-"

"When!!?

Nina pulled me back but I let go."-After she died!?" I said now choking on tears.

~ * ~ An hour ago ~ * ~

I got home from school and grabbed my keys out of my pocket and opened the front door. I started humming Three Little Birds by Bob Marley. My sister was at work and so was my dad, so I grabbed a glass plate and filled it with leftovers from last night. I filled a cup with water and took it to my moms room. I entered her room but she wasn't there. Suddenly I heard my name being called.

"Lizz, LIZZ!!! You home!!?"

"Yeah im here." I told Nina. She entered my moms room and I questioned,"hey wheres mom?". She stared at me for a few seconds without saying anything and her eyes softened and so did her voice," just get in the car"

"But where are we going?-"

"Lizz,.... please."

"Ookeey?" I kinda said answering with a question.

We got in the car and I put my earphones on and listened to music. I was singing along to thinking out loud by Ed sheeron.

I realized that we were heading towards the hospital. Who could be in the hospital?

Could it be?...

We entered and Nina had her arm around me and we walked into a room.

There in the bed, was my mom. She had cuts on her forehead and her cheek. Blood on her lips and her other cheek was bruised up. Her leg was broken and so was her arm.

I let go of Nina and I ran towards the bed."Mom!!" A tear fell down my face."what happened?" I asked my dad.

"Listen Lizz..your mom she...she has lung cancer, thats why she's been coughing up blood and she was an a car accident. When I got to the hospital and your mom woke up she told me that she ran out of tissues-",

A few more tears ran across my face.

"- so she got in the car and drove to the nearest store but before she got there she says that she started to cough up alot of blood and then everything went black and well appereantly she fainted and we are assuming that thats what caused the car accident."

"Whhaat?" I said almost whispering.

"Why didnt you tell me!!!??" I screamed furiously at my dad.

" I was going to tell you-"

"When!!?"

Nina pull me back but I let go. "-After she died!?" I said now choking on tears.

My dad stayed quiet and didnt say anything.

Jack and Ally were outside. Jack with his head in his hands, and Ally biting her nails. When I came out of the room they suddenly looked up and stood up from their chairs. "How is she? I would've gone in there but only family you know." They both practically said.

"Well she's not awake yet, but umm I dont know." I wiped the tears of with my sleeve.

I was so angry at my dad for not telling me.

I went inside the room where my mom was, but she still hadn't woken up. I stared at her and thought,what if this was the last time I saw her? I stared at her blue eyes and her brunette hair. Hers was a little lighter than mine. I thought about all the times she's helped me with breakups and other stuff. She was a cool mom, and im not ready to let go of her just yet.

The machine started beeping and I didn't know what it meant so I immediately called the doctors. They took me out and I was shocked. What was happening? "Mooomm!!!" I screamed even though she couldnt hear me. I started to cry again, I didn't want them to take me away from her.

Jack and Ally were holding my hands so tight, they felt numb. A few minutes later my dad came out. I stood up and I asked," is she alright!?" My dad looked at me with sadness in his eyes. A tear fell down his face and he wiped it. Him crying was very rare. That would mean that she's...

"Im sorry girls, but your mom, she's, she lost alot of blood and your mother, she's not with us anymore." He said with shakiness in his voice I could hear.

I cried. I cried so much my eyes were tired of crying and I felt like the world had just beat me up and left me in a hole where I couldnt scream. Where no voice or sound would come out of my mouth.

I haven't cried this much since when I was little I swinged on my swing so high, I fell on the dirt and scraped and dirtied my face.

I didn't even get to say bye to her, and I felt horrible for that. Then I start thinking of all the times that I ignored my mom because I was mad at her, but now.. I forgive her because as much as I hated her for all of those times, I still loved her no matter what.

Jack and Ally hugged me so much I felt like my lungs would crack and break. They were crying too. Well Ally was crying but Jack had eyes that were red. I knew that they were only crying because of me. I looked miserable.

~~~~*~~~~

The next day I didn't go to school because I helped with the funeral,I wore my black dress. I stared at her in the coffin, and I couldn't help but cry, but I didn't because one thing that my mom taught me was to be strong in the toughest times.

My dad made the speech and I have no idea how he could be so strong and not cry. I felt so bad for my dad, the love of his life just died.

I went to school the next day even though I didnt want to. The night of the funeral Jack hugged me so tight in his arms, I felt warm and safe. I could stay there all day. Ally would make me laugh which felt almost impossible right now. I was so glad I had friends like them.

"Hey I heard about the news, im so sorry" said Alec with the same green eyed sadness in his eyes like dad.

How did he even find out?..

"Its ok..." I tried not to cry.

Whats up with me and my eyes they cant stop crying, I feel like a little crybaby. Everybody felt bad for me, and honostly..I hate that. I don't like attention.

Today at poetry I didn't feel like reading poetry at all. Which is weird..for me.

I got home tired and lazy. I jumped to my bed and looked out my window and hugged my blue teddy bear that my mom had given me and kissed its head and whispered to myself, "you will always be with me mom" I sniffled as a tear fell down to my pillow forming a wet spot.