Scattered

Okay, okay. I really wanted to quit this, but I've gotten way too many emails for that to be a reasonable course of action. I'm done making any promises though. I'll post when I do. The chances of me updating sooner are higher if I get more comments because I really need the encouragement. It's been such a blessing to hear from you guys though, and I look forward to hearing from you in the future. Here's a fist fight as a peace offering. I know it's really short, but it's just to give you something.

So much love, xofrnkie.

"What's going on?" Billie asked. It was quiet but powerful and dripping with rage. 

"Billie, I can-" I tried.

"Avery just don't." He looked so hurt. "And Mike," he took a long pause. "Did you have to do this? ...again?"

Mike looked down at his hands. He shifted away from me and looked over apologetically. 

"Billie, can you listen?" I tried again.

"No, Avery. I know what's going on. I'm not stupid. He told you that I'm bad news, right? That I'm messed up?"

"Billie."

"Just go," Billie looked down at his shoes.

"No." I wanted him to listen. I couldn't stand to see him so upset. Was it my fault? Or was it Mike's fault?

"Avery, I'm not kidding at all. I need you to leave." I could see tears forming in his eyes. I thought that maybe I should go, but I didn't want him to think I was giving up on him. I just stood still. "Please," he choked out. I just looked at him. I saw something let go inside of him, but he still seemed just as sad and broken. He lunged forward and landed a solid punch against Mike's jaw. 

"Billie, stop!" I screamed.

"Shut up!" He yelled back as he threw another punch at Mike's stomach. He had positioned himself on top of Mike and was wailing angrily at the other boy. 

"You're going to kill him, you freak!" That made him stop immediately. He turned to me with more hurt in his eyes than before. 

"So you bought it?" He asked coldly. "You think I'm crazy?"

I didn't know what to say. I turned and left. I knew it was wrong of me, but I couldn't face him. It was such a mistake for me to have said that, but I knew I couldn't change the past. I ran towards home and just my luck, it rained. After running a few blocks, I realized that I wasnt really the running type. My lungs were sore and I could feel them growing heavy from the moisture of the rain. I sat down in someones damp yard and caught my breath. 

The grass was refreshing. When I sat down and really enjoyed it, I realized that the rain wasn't so bad. At that point, I didn't care at all what I looked like. And it wasn't like I had to keep myself dry. I was already drenched so I just sat there on the strange lawn and let the rain fall on me. It was oddly sobering, or maybe I felt so strongly about it because of my intoxication. Either way, it was well-needed. 

-

I woke up to a mouth full of grass and a stiff spine. I wasn't sure where I was and there was light that seemed to be flickering around and moving across my face. My eyes flew open when I felt a cold drop of liquid fall onto my nose. In a moment of sleepy confusion, I assumed I was going to drown because of it and so I tried to sit up as fast as possible. This resulted in my back getting twisted at an awkward angle. I fell back to the ground and when I re-gathered my composure, I was able to look around and realize where I was. The strange yard.

I reached into my pocket and fished out my phone. I needed someone to come get me but Billie, Mike, and my dad were all out of the question. I thought for a while and decided that I should just start walking. 

When I got home, and didn't see my dad's car in the driveway, I was relieved to say the least. I went into my room and gathered some of my stuff. I was done with everything. I was done with Billie, done with Mike, done with Tre, and done with dad. I was leaving.