Fashion Victim

When I awoke, I looked up and saw that Billie was still sleeping. I watched his eyes barely fluttering as he dreamt. I wondered what he was dreaming about. He looked very peaceful. He looked a lot less abrasive than he did at school. He actually looked sort of happy. He was like an innocent child. He had done nothing wrong. How could he? He was so vulnerable at that time. He trusted me. Why did he have such faith that I wouldn't leave while he slept? Or steal his stuff? Or worse, kill him?!

His lip quivered. His eyes blinked quickly. He looked down at me and smiled. I smiled back.

"How long have you been up?" He asked.

"I just woke up."

"Okay." He put his head back onto his pillow.

He looked around and I sat up. On the television screen, the word "DVD" bounced around and changed color. I looked around Billie's room. It wasn't as messy as I thought it would be. The floor seemed well kept. His closet was full of hanging clothes. but he had a large dresser top that was covered with empty soda cans, half-used cologne bottles, open Kerrang! magazines, and other assorted garbages. He also had a clock.

"Billie Joe!" The clock read '4:03' "we slept for four hours!"

"So?"

"So, we were supposed to be back before three fifteen!"

"Oh, God! You're right!"

"I'll just tell my dad I was studying."

"He'll believe you?"

"No, probably not."

"Well, why don't you stay here tonight?"

My jaw dropped. He convinced me to leave school, go to his house, lay in his bed with him and watch a movie. And now he wanted me to stay the night? Did he realize what kind of person he was dealing with? Did he know how angry and worried my dad would be? Did he ever consider the fact that we had just met? Sure, I liked being around him, but I didn't know what kind of person he was. And there was no way that I would be staying the night.

"Sure," I said without thinking.

"Cool, I have an idea." He answered

What was I thinking? I couldn't sleep there. I didn't belong there. This wasn't a good situation. This wasn't what I had in mind when I woke up that morning. I never thought I would be so easily swayed. What about Billie made me want to give in so easily? And even when I didn't want to give in, I did.

He took me by my wrist and dragged me down the hall. We entered another bedroom. I assumed that this one must've been owned by a girl, judging by the shade of blue that all the walls were painted.

"I'm sure Anna won't mind . . ." Billie said, opening a closet door.

"Who's Anna?" I asked.

"My sister."

"And what won't she mind?" Billie continued to search the closet.

"If you borrow this!" In his hands was the most beautiful silver dress. From the top left, to the bottom right, was a glittery black stripe. There was a strip of silver that wrapped tightly around the waist. It was truly gorgeous.

"You want me to wear...this?" I asked nervously.

"Well, I would certainly recommend it."

"Why?"

"You'll see." He smiled knowingly.

"Tell me!"

"No, just put the dress on, and don't complain. There's a bathroom just down the hall."