5~ Wake-up Call

One morning, Frisk had gone to get breakfast for you and Chara. But it had been two hours and he still hadn't come back. You and Chara decided to go find his brother. It wasn't like Frisk to just disappear without a trace. Dust lined the streets in a fog-like state. You heard footsteps behind you and you and Chara turned around. Chara summoned his red knife and you got your swords, forming most of them into wings like you normally did. Frisk walked up behind you, his normally closed eyes glowing a bright red, though there was a hint of purple in his eyes as well. Oh no.

XGaster had control of Frisk. And it was now either you or Chara who could stop him from killing everyone on the surface. 

~

"You two want Frisk back? THEN WAKE UP GODDAMNIT!" Muffet screamed, actively turning to dust before you. Now was your chance, just get control back. Just get Frisk back. How hard can it be? I won't let this defeat me. Your soul screamed to get Frisk back. He silently tried to attack Frisk, but you restrained him so he couldn't. Your training to be a true royal guard was sure as hell paying off now. 

Chara ran up to XGaster and punched him in the stomach. It was as close as Chara could get to a punch in the face because XGaster was so insanely tall, but it did just enough damage to make his control on Frisk recede. 

Frisk fell to the ground sobbing. You sat down next to him, reaching a hand out silently. He hugged you tightly, crying into your shoulder. Chara walked up next to you and smiled sadly, summoning a button you hadn't seen before...reset. He pressed it and the world went white, though only for a few seconds as the world rewound itself to before Frisk had been overwritten. 

You woke up just like before. But you felt the universe being overwritten. There was a purple flash and you, Frisk, and Chara were small children again. 

Everyone in this new timeline was so mean to you, as if they never wanted to associate with you at all. It was so jarring, considering everyone before was happy to be your friend. No one wanted you or your two friends to exist. No one wanted to talk to you. No one wanted anything to do with you. 

And yet, Undyne would try to repair your relationship with Alphys, not because she cared about you, because she cared for her girlfriend. You ended up telling her the whole story about how you ended up here. She thought it was fake. Chara assured her that it was very real. 

Undyne decided to train you and Chara to fight XGaster for the freedom of your world. Everything depended on this fight. The day before, Frisk said he needed to talk to you.

"I know I can't control you, but I really don't think this is a good idea." He said. The concern was evident in his eyes, which he rarely opened. You had never noticed how nice the shade of red his eyes were....no not the time for this.

"You didn't try to stop your brother. I'm determined too." You said. You needed to do this, no matter what it took. 

"I just don't want you to die out there and for it to be his fault!" Frisk replied, his red eyes welling up with tears. 

"I love you, Y/n. I don't want it to end here." He continued. You- he- he loved you?

"I'm sorry. I have to do this." You told him. Frisk took off the locket he always wore and out it around your neck before sighing. 

"Okay. Good luck out there, please be careful." He said, smiling sadly. You pulled him into a tight hug, somewhat calming your nerves. You let go and walked back inside your house. Undyne was staying with you and Chara so you could all be ready in the morning. 

That morning, you made some coffee for everyone before the time came to fight XGaster. Chara, acting similar to the omniscient writer who can't stop breaking the fourth wall, put so much cream in his coffee that it was about 75% cream. You drank your coffee like [how you like coffee if you drink it]. Undyne drank her coffee with just two spoonfuls of sugar. 

Undyne suggested some warm-ups so you're ready to fight. The lockers you all were wearing gleamed in the early sunlight as Frisk walked outside. It was time to go. 

"Good luck you guys." Frisk said. He hugged Undyne and Chara. Frisk walked up to you, hesitated for a second, and lightly kissed you on the cheek. He walked back inside, presumably to prepare medical supplies in case you, Chara, or Undyne were injured in the fight.