13~ Miku Expo (extra)

So now that the main story is pretty much over, I decided to make some slice of life styled chapters just because I can and if you don't know any of anything I'm talking about you've got a lot of music to listen to. I'll be linking the songs as I mention them so you can listen to them as I write about them

***

"Wait so Miku Expo is actually coming here?!" Sammy asked in disbelief. Frisk nodded, opening his computer and buying two tickets. 

"We should do a cosplay when we go!" Frisk said excitedly as he closed his laptop after ordering the tickets. The two talked for hours straight on who they should cosplay as. Rin and Len is out of the picture so they decided on Len and Kaito. You and Ren watched from the doorway as the two frantically ran around looking for their souvenir glow sticks and money for their cosplay. The concert was only less than twenty-four hours away, so they got same day shipping for their costumes. 

The next day around six at night, Sammy and Frisk were trying to get their costumes on, or at least parts of it. Frisk has having trouble with the wig due to his long hair, which he usually kept in a low ponytail. Sammy, having worn glasses since they were twelve, surprisingly didn't know how to put on contacts. Frisk was fine with the contacts, stating that he had actually worn contacts on multiple occasions. 

About twenty minutes later, the two were almost unrecognizable. They were ready to go off to the concert, in full cosplay and knowing most of the songs that were going to be played. 

You and Ren decided to stay home and watch the concert online to see if you could see your partners on the screen. Eventually, during Bring It On (listen to it here, use the UK subtitles they give you the actual lyrics)you saw Frisk and Sammy on screen. 

Sammy was on Frisk's shoulders, since the latter was pretty tall and it would be easier to see performance. They were both enthusiastically waving their glow sticks, which had turned yellow for this song. You knew Sammy knew a fair bit of Japanese, but seeing Frisk sing too was surely something else. Though it made sense, considering Frisk was just as much of a weeb as Sammy was. 

The entire crowd was singing along as they waved their glow sticks, it was pretty cool to see in all honesty. Seeing that many people who shared a collective love for something that would be considered "weird" by most people was probably amazing for the two of them. The next song was one that started off with a very rock chord progression before the piano kicked in. The entire crowd started cheering like there was no tomorrow as the main girl with the blue pigtails started singing. You had heard Sammy and Frisk talk about this song before, but you weren't sure of the name. Everyone's glowsticks turned a bright blue color as the virtual characters projected on the stage danced as cherry blossoms fell around the audience. 

(The song)

Sammy and Frisk could be heard on video singing along as almost everyone in the audience started dancing. Frisk let Sammy off his shoulders as the two started dancing along with everyone else. How an entire crowd of people danced and sang in almost perfect harmony was probably due to the fact that everyone was just as enthusiastic as Sammy and Frisk about seeing anime characters dance on stage. A significant amount of people had apparently asked to take pictures with Sammy and Frisk, saying that they loved Len. There's a lot of people like that, as you later learned. 

The added touch of the cherry blossoms was a very nice addition. No one seemed to be expecting it, which made it all the better. 

It was supposedly the last song, The World Is Mine. A classic, arguably the most popular vocaloid song in existence. (This video is a recording from an actual Miku concert) As soon as it started, the crowd cheered even louder than they did for Senbonzakura. 

This time, people dancing was more rare and most just jumped around with their glowsticks. It seemed the entire crowd knew the lyrics, all of them singing along in almost perfect Japanese. You weren't even a fan of vocaloid and you knew a lot of this song just because of pop culture. Seeing so many people, all fans of the same thing, supporting it no matter who said it was weird or stupid was so amazing to you. A lot of people would say that watching fictional characters dance around on stage was stupid and pointless, but everyone at this concert seemed to be enjoying it. The characters all bowed, Len getting the loudest cheers aside from Miku. So Frisk was right, people really liked that blond anime boy. 

About an hour later, Sammy and Frisk returned home. 

"How was it?" You asked them. 

"Amazing! A girl dressed as Rin danced with me at Electric Angel!" Sammy exclaimed happily. 

"And everyone in cosplay danced together at Just Be Friends." Frisk added. Sammy hummed in agreement.