one

chapter one,
coffee?

SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE
third person

ILEANA CRUZ WAS a witch, a very powerful one, and there was no denying it. she held the power of a hundred cruz witches, the second most powerful line of witches after the bennett witches. she had already known about vampires living among them for a very long time, due to her late mother telling her stories about them.

however, ileana didn't expect her own friends, stefan and damon salvatore, to be those said species. she wasn't mad that they kept it a secret for a bit, and she understood why they didn't tell elena. it's not like stefan could just come out and say "hey i'm a vampire and you look like my supposedly dead ex girlfriend", right?

anyways back to the present, lea was with the salvatore brothers at the boarding house talking about some woman named isobel.

"wait, wait, wait...who's isobel again?" lea interrupted, "jeez lea do you ever pay attention? isobel is elena's vampire obsessed birth mother that i accidentally turned" damon gave an irritated smile.

"remind me to never ask you again" lea replied in a snarky tone, "anyways as i was saying, isobel just showed up at their front door" stefan continued.

"what's she doing here?", "i don't know. that's what i'm going to find out." stefan replied to his older brother. just then, lea's favorite doppelgänger joined.

"hi kathy" lea waved, katherine gave a small smirk and waved which made lea blush a little. "i don't think you should tell isobel i'm here" katherine spoke making note of lea's blush.

"what why!?", "it's better if she and john not know that i stayed in town after i got out of the tomb" katherine looked at stefan.

"you're the one in cahoots with them. you made a deal with john that almost got me killed" damon emphasized me and killed.

"i did what i had to do to get out of that tomb...now i'm reconsidering my alliance" the much older vampire shrugged and turned around but stefan stopped her, "what do you know?".

"i know that i want klaus dead, which puts me squarely on team you. besides, if you two ever need me to swap places with elena again, the less people know that i'm here, the better. think about it stefan. come on, be smart." she manipulated.

"am i missing something? who is klaus?" the witch asked tilting her head. "he's some vampire trying to kill elena" damon briefly explained, katherine whispered something incoherent.

"tell you what, why don't you call alaric and let him know that his wife showed up on his girlfriends doorstep" stefan advised and turned around and left.

the silence after stefan had left was deafening. "so...anyone up for some coffee?" lea finally asked speaking up, katherine and damon looked at each other with an 'im-concerned-for-her' type look.

katherine gave a sarcastic smile and shook her head no, ileana slowly nodded and walked out.

as she was walking to her car, her phone started ringing. she looked at it to see that it was elena calling. "hey lena", "lea, could you maybe come over? things are kind of rough here" elena asked.

lea sighed in sympathy, "yeah, yeah, of course, i'll be there" and she hung up. she got into her car, and drove off to the neighborhood elena gilbert lived in.

as she was driving she thought about the stuff her mother had taught her regarding the new threat they were facing. "we cruz's can take down anything you just need the power of the ancestors" her mother had always reminded. it was no lie that ileana cruz came from a family of extremely powerful witches, but something was different with her.

her trance was broken as she almost ran over a kid riding a bike in the middle of the street, she swerved as she smashed the car horn. "fucking kids- god i hate children" she huffed.

she pulled into elena's driveway and got the four cups of coffee, that she had gotten along the way, knowing alaric would probably be there. she walked into the house like it was her own, "honey i'm home and got coffee!" she hollered.

alaric did not even blink. "damn okay- guess i'll bring the coffee to you" lea leered and handed him the coffee. still no reply. "oh thank you lea, you're the greatest" she mocked alaric in a deep tone, "of course ric!" she sarcastically smiled back to her normal voice.

elena walked down with a sigh of sadness, "hey lena" lea gave a sympathetic smile and handed the brunette a coffee. elena nodded in a grateful way.

"is she up yet" alaric finally spoke getting up from the couch, "she won't come out of her room". "what'd you tell her?" the witch asked, "nothing. she won't talk to me". alaric nodded sadly, "we're going to have to fix this elen-" ric got cut off by jenna stomping down the stairs.

"hey" the three of the said in unison, "i don't want you here, ric you need to go" jenna raged. "okay, listen. i can't begin to imagine what you're feeling-", "rage and betrayal would cover it" jenna sarcastically nodded as she grabbed her purse.

"where are you going?" elena asked furrowing her thin eyebrows, "i'm going to stay on campus. i have a thesis to write, and i don't want to be in this house" she said getting more angrier, "jenna, please just stop. let us explain to you exactly what is going on" alaric said trying to stop her but jenna completely ignored him.

"elena, i need you to go to the lockwood's today and accept the historical society's check for your mom's foundation" she informed, "okay but jenna please jus-" elena got cut off by her aunt, "i don't have it in me to hear any more lies from you" and she walked out.

lea walked out following jenna, "lea i can't deal with this right now, please don't try convince me or anything" jenna put her hand up in a stop motion. "okay i won't, i was just coming to give you this coffee" lea smiled.

for a split second jenna smiled, she took the cup of coffee and nodded. she got into her car and drove off. as she walked back in to get her purse she saw john gilbert laying on the floor, groaning in pain.

she then looked at elena in confusion, "he was there the whole time, alaric punched him" elena replied knowing what lea was thinking. "damn, i always miss the good stuff" lea shook her head and walked out of the door.

lea's phone started ringing once again, "ileana cruz at your service", "lea it's damon, we need a bit of help" damon said from the other line and hung up. she dramatically sighed, "i swear i never get a break".

❝❞

"yep. everyobody's dead" damon said entering an apartment with bonnie, jeremy and ileana following. "we should pack up the grimoires. they spent years collecting them, i wanna make sure they're safe" bonnie looked at lea who nodded in agreement.

"you know...we could just get another match and cremate him" damon looked at the body of luka, another witch. "don't be disrespectful...not to him" bonnie snapped.

"fine i'll bury him" the vampire gave in, "what exactly are we looking for?" the youngest gilbert finally spoke up after being silent. "well little g, according to luka's dad, one of these contains a spell that'll let bonnie and i harness the energy that's left behind when a witch dies violently" lea emphasized the word violently and turned towards jer.

"great. we'll have to put that on our list of things to do today, harness ancient dead-witch powers" damon sarcastically voiced.

bonnie and lea's head snapped towards damon, "you know where the witches were burned?" they both exclaimed in unison, "did i forget to mention that?" he asked with his dripping sarcasm.

lea moved to jeremy and sat next to the reading kid, "are we gonna have to read through every one of these books till we find the right spell?" he sighed.

"not exactly" bonnie spoke up, she moved to the bookshelf and raised her hand. a book pushed out and fell on the ground opened to the page needed. she picked it up, "it's this one".

"great, grab the rest and let's go" damon ordered. the others nodded and the group left moments later.

❝❞

author's note,
guys i just don't know