two

chapter two,
attracting.

SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE
third person
TWO DAYS LATER.

"PLEASE SIGN HERE" the lawyer said, elena picked up the pen and said "okay".

"so this place is all yours? they just gave it to you?" bonnie asked a bit bewildered, "for now. as sole owner, i'm the only one who can invite a certain type of person, if you know what i mean."

"you're own personal safe house" bonnie chuckled, "that's the idea" elena replied, lea spoke up looking around "i wouldn't want to clean it".

the three of them chuckle until they notice the two brothers, "oh look, it's the salvawhores" lea said, both of them rolled their eyes at her, elena led the lawyer out and walked back in hoping the brothers would follow.

they walked through the door but abruptly stopped before they could all the way, "i'm sorry, i completely forgot" elena said grimacing a bit.

"stefan, would you like to come inside my house?" elena asked, "i would love to thank you".

"good job bud you made it" lea said patting his back, stefan chuckled a bit a shook his head.

elena looks at damon not making a move, "what are we, twelve?" the raven haired man asked. "one of us is. if i let you in, do you promise to obey the owner of this house?" elena asked treating him like a dog.

"no." he simply replied. "seriously damon, my way. you promised. i call the shots. no lies, no secret agendas, remember?" elena asked tilting her head.

"yes elena, sure" he sarcastically said but elena didn't notice, so she invited him in. damon looked at stefan who was giving him a look, "shut up".

bonnie comes back in since she left a minute ago with elena and lea's jacket. "thanks bon" lea thanked, "wait where are you guys going?" stefan asked.

"to school" elena simply replied while putting her jacket on, "huh?".

"stefan, a school is a big building where you get things like an education, a diploma, and depression. i thought you would know this" lea sarcastically said, "no, no, no, we didn't create a safe house for you to leave it" damon stopped the three girls.

"yeah guys, klaus is out there. we know that" stefan tried to reason. "right, but where? no one knows, look, i really appreciate what you guys are doing. and i'll be able to sleep at night knowing that i'll be safe here, but i'm not going to be a prisoner" elena said then turned to damon.

"tsk, your way, elena" he said remembering what she said earlier about "my way, my rules".

"don't worry, i'm ready...we're ready. if he shows his face, we can take him. i know we can" bonnie assured motioning towards the other witch who nodded.

the three of them walked out to the car, then they heard stefan again, "wait, i'm coming".

❝❞

MYSTIC FALLS HIGHSCHOOL
third person

the students sat down, just then ric walked in. "hello class, what are we learning today?" he asked, "aren't you the teacher" lea snorted which made him turn towards the voice. he was going to snap back but he abruptly stopped.

he stared at lea like there was no one in this class, the whole class turned towards ileana to see why he was staring.

"what?" lea asked cluelessly looking around which made her friends chuckle at her confusion.

ric smiled a bit but stopped and turned around, and cleared his throat. "the sixties. i wish there was something good to say about the sixties, but actually they kind of sucked. except for the beatles of course, they made it a bit bearable. uh, what else? the cuban missile thing, the...'we walked the moon', the water gate thing" he continued.

"the watergate was seventies ric, uh- i mean mr.saltzman" lea corrected herself. "right, it all kind of mushes together up here, the sixties, seventies. thank you, ileana".

lea was a bit confused, ric always called her lea cause he could for some reason never say ileana right. she didn't think too much of it, he was probably just proud he could finally pronounce it.

❝❞

CAFETERIA
third person

ileana was walking with jeremy and bonnie while they were talking about some witch thing. they all sat down at a table, elena showed up a minute later.

"hey jer, how're you doing? are you okay at the house alone with john?" she asked, "it's not ideal" he replied getting up.

"you haven't heard from me jenna, have you?" she then asked, "it looks like she's staying on campus. look, i'm..i'm late for class" he said and fled.

"what's going on?" elena asked a bit upset, "i told him he had to dress up tonight and he got all uptight" bonnie replied.

dana from their history class walks over to their table, "hey ileana, there you are. okay, this is going to sound freaky but this totally hot guy just asked me to ask you if you're going to the dance tonight" dana asked.

"really? it's about damn time" lea said, "what's his name?" bonnie asked. "meet at the dance tonight, look for him, his name is klaus" dana replied.

lea spit out her drink, "what did you say?". "i know the names stupid, but i swear he's hot" dana then said. the three girls looked around for an unfamiliar face, "where is he? is he here?" bonnie asked the brunette girl. "i-i don't know" she then said.

"she's been compelled" bonnie said coming to the conclusion, "but he wants to know if you'll save him the last dance...how cute is that?" she squealed and walked away.

"great, the one time i attract a guy it just so happens to be someone that's trying to kill my bestfriend" lea put her head down onto the lunch table.

"don't beat yourself up for it, maybe this can be a good thing" elena shrugged like she isn't being stalked, lea nodded still feeling a little guilty though she couldn't control it. "ugh curse my good looks" lea sarcastically groaned making bonnie and elena laugh.

❝❞

author's note,
next chapter is the dance where klausy makes himself known ;). also sorry this chapter ended kind of awkwardly too but i already reached over 1,030 words and i didn't want to make it TOO long so i'm splitting the chapter into two.