Chapter 19: She's gone

"You gotta getcha getcha head in the game" I sing into my hair brush shaking my hips slightly.

"Cass shouldnt you be leaving soon" my mom says walking into my room with a raised eyebrow.

I look at the clock gasping once I realize I need to leave in about thirty minutes.

"Oh crab nuggets" I mutter checking my makeup and hair before rushing to my closet.

I put on the previously chosen outfit and hurry downstairs to slip on my red button up coat. Mom tosses me the car keys as I walk out. Its cold, but I quickly get in the car and turn on the heat. The engine isnt all the way on yet so the air is cold. I shiver. Soon enough though, the heat rushes through the vents and a comfortable temperature is reached.

Me: omw!!

♡Drew♡: good!!

I put my phone back on the center console and drive over to Drew's address. I'd never been to Drew's before, so this was a new experience, and my imagination wandered.

What if he's a secret millionare?!

Or the complete opposite?!

What if

What if

What if

"What if's" continued to fill my brain until I arrived. I pulled up in front of the large home, sure it was the wrong place. But upon seeing Drew appear out front, I was astonished.

Brie: Have fun tonight!!!! Sorry I couldnt come!!

Me: hey, aunt's birthday is way more important than drews party tbh

Brie: lol i guess. Rather be partying with you tho

Me: thanks lol

Brie: gotta go, have funnnnn

Me: thanks I will. ly

Brie: ly2 bae

I put the car in park and turn off the gas. Grabbing my phone, I step out of the car.

"Cass!" Drew exclaims, running over to the side of the car.

"Hey!" I laugh as he picks me up and spins me.

"You look wow." He states as if its a proper sentence.

"Thank you sir."

"Anytime."

"Your house is wow"

"Let me give you the grand tour."

-

-

-

-

-

-

"So I think thats about it. What do you think?"

"I think anyone who has a theater hooked up to their XBox and BluRay players is my favorite person ever."

"Wasnt I already?"

"Hank Green, but you were a close close second. This is a game changer." I say.

"Ah well its a good thing you finally came over. I always knew my video games would win over the girl."

The doorbell rings

"Just had to find the right girl." I say, kissing him quickly as he walks by to get the door.