Chapter One 🗡

I am Kayla Reed. I was a normal high school girl but one day all of that changed. I am going to tell you about my quest to search for the Lost Dreams of Camp Half-Blood. The accident may have been my fault, but you'll read about that later.
It was like any other day of school. I had been sent outside after doing jumping jacks in the back of the classroom. Well, I wasn't really sent outside for that. I stopped after Mrs. Ramonez asked me to, but then I started doing push ups and that was when she sent me outside. It wasn't my fault. My mom had made me go to bed early that night and when I get a good night's sleep I am like a kangaroo on a sugar high. I was "thinking about what I had done" when my best friend burst through the door.
"Kayla we need to leave, NOW!" Brody said urgently.
"What's wrong?" I asked confused.
"All I can say is that there is some sort of beast coming our way and we need to leave," Brody replied tersley.
"What are you talking ab..." My jaw dropped when I saw a eleven foot tall orange giant with tattoos storming towards us.
"A laistyrgonian giant..." Brody gulped nervously.
The monster spotted us and ran at full speed.
"Kayla get out of here!" Brody yelled.
I turned away when I saw him taking his pants off.
"What are you doing Brody? put your pants on!" I yelled back to him.
I thought I heard a goat and then the I heard the beast roar and I just had to look. Brody's hat flew off revealing tiny horns and his legs weren't normal they were furry and he had hooves! He was holding a golden dagger about a foot long and he was kicking the giant in the shins and dodging it's attacks.
"Kayla I said go!" Brody ordered again.
"I am NOT going to leave you, whatever you are!" I replied stubbornly.
Brody looked back at me, that was a mistake the ogre swatted him like a bug and he flew into the classroom wall. Mrs. Ramonez opened the door and screamed when she saw the giant. She shut the door quickly and I heard the sound of it being locked. She couldn't have taken me inside with her?
"Kayla, grab the dagger," Brody groaned.
I sprinted towards the giants legs and grabbed the dagger then I slid underneath him. I turned and sliced his thigh and he bellowed in pain. I climbed to it's shoulder blades and attempted to stab it but it shook me off, and I landed hard on my right ankle.
Somehow the beast got a flaming cannonball and it threw it at me. I dodged it but then I thought about Brody behind me. I had made the same mistake Brody did, and looked back. The giant swatted me and I landed in a tree. Before I could grab a branch I fell to the ground. My ribs and ankle ached and burned so bad but I couldn't stop moving or else the giant would kill me. I blinked the tears out of my eyes and ran at the beast again. I climbed up it's back again but this time I was quicker. I stabbed the dagger into it's back. The giant crumbled to a pile of golden dust and I fell. I was too tired to try to land. I fell hard on the concrete but I hurt so much already that when I hit the ground all I felt was a dull ache in my back. The last thing I saw was Brody hobbling over to me, and then I passed out.