Chapter 33.

Cameron's POV

First date!

My first date with Cleo is today. She took the day off, just for me. I'm grateful. But the fact that Cleo has been skipping so many days at work since I arrived, I'm afraid her boss is going to fire her. I doubt it, but I'm still kind of afraid though.

I spoke to Mackenzie yesterday last night at the party, and she told me that Cleo is a hardworking person. She puts herself before others and that's why she's closed herself up. I'm hoping that one day, I can break down her walls. Show her what she's been missing out on the other side of the walls.

Today is not planned. It might not be a very expensive date, you know the kind where you take her to dinner and you guys speak casual shit and you're so formal. Nope, that's not me. I'll take her to the pond, have a little picnic and take a walk alongside the beach. We eat ice-cream and make jokes, tease each other. I can even take her to the ice skating rink. Anything that isn't too formal. I'm not into that kind of things, even though my family is always formal with birthdays and anniversaries or any holiday.

I have no specific time for this date, but once I'm finished getting ready, I'll go to the address she gave me last night, and if she's not ready, I'll help her get ready.

No! No Cameron. That would just get you in unwanted situations. I mean it is wanted, but a relationship is not about sex. Though the reason why you have sex is full of love and trust, trusting your partner to touch you in that way.

Yes, I quoted Hardin from After. But in my way. If you ever read After, by Anna Todd, then you're amazing. It's a mind-blowing story. Trust me.

I get out of bed and head to my bathroom. Yes, I was in bed, yes I'm not ready yet but it's only nine-thirty four, it's not late. It's kind of early if you ask me. Now, I just need to take a super long shower, even if the water gets cold and get ready. I've been longing for this day, it can't be ruined like the last three weeks have been.

...

I head downstairs after a long bath. Both my parents are seated in the living room with a lady and guy, both wearing suits. They're discussing something about a business? Are they opening another business? Again?

Deciding whether I should go find out or not, I walk into the kitchen. I hurry upstairs, back into my room, safe and sound as I started chewing on my Frosted Flakes.

I don't know why, but my parents have been completely busy for the past week now. They're always sitting with papers in their hands and when I approach them, they stack the papers away, acting pretty suspicious.

After finishing my bowl of cereal and head out.  My wallet, keys and everything else I need for today. When I get into the car, my phone plays it's typical Poison and Wine by The Civil Wars.

I pick up my phone and hold it to my ear, shutting the door and relaxing in the eat. "Hello?" I answer on the phone, I forgot to check the caller ID but if I check now, I'm going to miss what the person on the other line says.

"Hi, Cameron. It's Casey, you have a minute?" I cringe at her squeaky voice and mentally slap myself for not checking the caller ID. It wouldn't have made a difference seeing as her number isn't saved on my phone.

"Can't, I'm going on a date," I state casually, knowing it will make her jealous. She's always had this annoying crush on me since High School. She would bring my lunch and sit as close as possible. It was so annoying that eventually, I found out that she talked and did shit to May.

"Date?" She sounds disappointed and a smile tugs at my lips. It's not that I'm evil and I'm trying to make her life miserable but, the fact that she needs to know that I don't feel the same way she does. Even though she almost ruined my plans for the future when I was in high school. "With who?"