Chapter 2.

Cameron's P.O.V.

It's so hard you know. It's so hard trying to find someone worthy of your love. It's hard trying to find someone worthy of your attention. In this cruel world, all the astounding woman are taken by jerks, guys who go out drinking alcohol and smoking drugs and not worrying about their wife's at home that is working hard to get money for their family or themselves.

Woman deserve better than to be surrounded by alcoholics and the irresponsible man who can't even look after themselves.

The man deserves better than to be surrounded by drugs or alcohol. In this cruel world, man is condemned to be free; because once thrown into the world, he is responsible for everything he does.

One is still what one is going to cease to be and already what one is going to become. One lives one's death, one dies one's life.

I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect on humanity. Man is now only more active - not happier - nor wiser than he was 6000 years ago.

This world needs more mirthful people and we can't get that if everyone is deep in their thoughts and can't be exploring the world to change what people think of themselves or others.

"Cam, are you listening to me, bro?" My thoughts were interrupted by my big brother Kevin. "Dude, you need to stop zoning out when I'm trying to have a conversation with you." He said a little bit annoyed.

"Yes, I am listening to you!" I said, practically shouting at him.

Now Kevin is a person known for frequent, enthusiastic attendance at parties, especially one whose partying behaviour is exuberant or excessive.

I feel like if I ever attend one of his parties it would lead to trouble because I have no idea what their parties are about. All he does comes home in a drunk state. Either with a broken nose or a purple eye. I never once saw him come home from a party not drunk or hurt. He has to be drunk after every party.

"And there he zones out again! You know what nevermind. I don't even understand why I want to invite you to my girlfriend's party." He says getting up from his chair.

"Wait. You wanted to invite me to a party?" Did I hear correctly? Kevin and I were never that close to inviting each other to parties or anything in particular.

"Of course, why wouldn't I?" He questions.

The most annoying thing about this is that he doesn't know how he makes me feel. He doesn't know that all he cares about is his girlfriend and parties. One day mom and dad made themselves comfortable in the family meeting room and spoke to him about his behaviour. He doesn't appreciate that mom and dad are paying for everything he asks for. Even though we have the money, we still struggle. And it's not something people should take advantage of.

"It's just that you never invite me to parties and it's kind of weird that we're are having a conversation since we never spoke more than 50 words to each other unless it has something to do with mom and dad or something important, we never had a......urh you know.....bonding kind of relationship. You were always the out type and severely limited. So it just came to me as a shock. Why are you asking me anyway?" I ask, looking him in the eyes while fiddling with my fingers.

"Uh.....Uhm. I-I ." He takes a deep breath in and calms down. He looked really..... Abashed. "I'm trying to become the big brother you always wanted, I know that I've been....uh, what's the word? Oh yeah, distant and selfish so I'm trying to become a part of this family again. I'm trying to become your brother and I can't do that if you don't agree to hang out with me." He says, guilt travelling across his eyes.

For a second I thought this was all a joke but he looked solemn. "But we don't need to hang out at a party. And you know I don't like parties that are so brutal and exuberant." I stated, annoyed by his statement.

"Actually........I don't know." He says honestly. Of course, he doesn't know. I don't even know if he is my brother for cat's sake. "And this party won't be brutal or exuberant because Carly is very innocent and introverted. So, she's turning 29 and the party won't be about sex or alcohol. She just wants it to be big and memorable."

I still can't get over the fact that Kev is always getting girls pregnant and abandoning them, ignoring them like nothing ever happened. I don't have enough fingers or toes to count how much girls Kev got knocked up and came walking to our doorstep.

Mom and Dad had to give those girls money so they could live their lives without him because that would just cause their child/ren to grow up with an irresponsible person who can't even look after himself at a party and he would be a bad influence on them.

"I don't know Kev, I mean why do you want me to go with you if you're gonna be with your girlfriend?" I asked, making his eyes go soft.

He smirked making me raise my eyebrow questioningly. "Well, there's this girl that-" I interrupted him by raising my hand in the air as if I wanted to say something myself.

"No speaking about girls, I don't have time for that stuff," I said honestly while looking away. I seriously didn't have time. I mean searching for a job is already enough. I don't need a girl hanging from my arm, telling me how much she loves me and I certainly don't like getting all mushy and lovely with people. It's just not a thing of mine.

Look at mom and dad, they mingle and get all mushy at dinner. I'm sitting there and their always sucking each other faces like it's normal to do so in front of their child. Me being 28 doesn't change the fact that they're not acting mature. I thought they would get a room and get over everything but I'm always proved wrong.

For my own sake, I always have to leave and eat in the living room. When I put my plate in the kitchen they're on the table and their foods are in the trash. Why do they cook if they aren't going to eat it?

I turned to face my brother again. He stared at me with knowing eyes as if he were trying to find if I'm telling the truth or not. "Okay, no girls. But you still have to come with me, please. You can bring May. She seems cool and if you're with her the girls will see you're with someone and they won't approach you. What do ya' say? And by the way, I'm sure mom and dad want the house to themselves. I swear when I get home their either on the couch or the family meeting room," he says, finally making sense, "It's disgusting!"

"Look who's talking," I murmur to myself but apparently, he heard me and he sighs.

"I'm not like that anymore, I'm changing because being 32 and not settling is bad enough. Which is why I took Carly as a girlfriend and I'll make her mine completely before the year ends." He says unequivocally. Wow, never thought this day would come.

"Okay, I'll come with you to the party. I just have to call May and see if she has any plans but if not then she's mine tomorrow night." I got up from my seat as well as Kev and he hugged me. I stiffened in his embrace and he patted my back.

"Thank you for agreeing to come with me, baby bro." I could practically hear the smirk in his damn voice.

"No problem big bro." I say, making the word 'big' obvious.

He laughed at my statement and at that, he left. I walked out of Sunrise Roast and got into my car. I started driving and I got home. I got out of the car and locked it before entering the house. I headed upstairs but before I touched the first step I hear mom and dad in the living room. The TV was on, and for once they aren't mingling. I walked to the doorway of the TV room and their eye's landed on me.

"Hey, sweetie." My mom says and dad just smiles at me as if I've got a girl right next to me now. "We're just watching The Exorcist if you want to join us you can sit here next to me," Mom says in her sweet voice, too sweet for my liking. I shake my head in disapproval.

"No thank you, I'll head to my room," I say, smiling at both of them before running upstairs to my room.

I close the door and hop onto my insanely big bed. I didn't even need such a huge bed but here it is. Somehow sleep got to me and my eyelids got heavier by the second, I dozed off in just a minute.

(Did you like it?

Florence, xx )