𝑻𝑾𝑶

★。\|/。★

𝐝𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧 𝐬𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"i have school and lots of homework" cindy whispered down the phone.

"plea-!"

"shush, you're too loud it'll wake up my mum!" she said, trying her best to keep the noise down.

"alright alright, sorry"

"don't be mad at me john," cindy sulked, "i want to see you but i'm busy"

"it's okay, cindy, i understand" john whispered.

"i'm going to bed now, talk to you soon"

"alright, sleep well" he said sweetly.

"you too," she said, biting her bottom lip and suppressing a smile, "and john? i can probably make time to see you tomorrow"

"you can? what happened to the homework?" he questioned.

"i can make time for you" she said, laughing a little.

"it would be an honour" he laughed, cindy giggled as well.

"alright, well come over at four or something" she said, turning her head towards the top of the stairs, checking to see if mum was lurking about.

"okay, i'll see you tomorrow"

"alright, bye john"

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"cindy!" her mother called from downstairs, "nigel's here"

"coming, one sec!" she shouted back, closing the textbook she had open and shuffling her papers together. she hadn't even gotten changed out of her school uniform yet but she was sure john wouldn't mind.

she rushed down the stairs, careful to not slip on the carpet, to open the front door.

"you stomp any harder and you'll go through the floorboards" her mother scolded, coming into view from the kitchen.

"alright, sorry" cindy said, pushing the front door key into the lock.

she opened the door, a gush of crisp december air made its way through, gently brushing the untamed baby hairs that rested on her face.