|Chp. 28: Loyalty Runs Deep|

Thaddeus held the door open for me as I walked in. Lupa trotted into the castle before pausing to wait for me. Eden, Claw, and Prim were walking off towards the section reserved for the bears.

The door swung shut behind us as we began walking. "Mother and father should be in the study." Thaddeus spoke as he stepped forward. North broke off to return to her room and get out of the fur dress she wore.

I followed him before I caught sight of a familiar small white-haired boy. Blizzard looked up and his eyes widened as he flew down. I wasn't expecting him to launch himself at me or his wolf to attempt to tackle Lupa who quickly backed up and snapped at him.

He went to the ground instantly into a submissive position, much different than Summer ever did. Lupa however relented and Snow stood up. "Your back Silver!" Blizzard exclaimed and I smiled at him.

For some reason Quinn's youngest adoptive brother liked me.

But then again, I am the only wolf he knows that hasn't hurt anyone. I didn't mind him. Blizzard is sweet. I didn't mind him compared to other people.

"I am." I smiled at Blizzard as he let go of me and glanced over at Quinn who smiled at his little brother. He reached down and picked up Blizzard. 

"Silver has some important things to do, so why don't you and Thaddeus find something to do together. After that Silver and I can see you." Quinn told Blizzard who nodded. Quinn set Blizzard down and he ran off down the hall as Thaddeus chased after him with Snow looping behind them.

"Let's go Silver." Quinn told me as we went up to his parents' study before he knocked on the door and entered.

Inside the study Myr and Honey were at the desk rifling through things. Honey stopped when the door opened, and Quinn and I entered. Her eyes lit up upon seeing Quinn before returning neutral once more.

Honey has extreme control over her emotions. I found it to be surprising considering how long Quinn had been missing once and his near-death experience with the other now deceased polar bear king.

"You two have returned." Honey spoke breaking the silence as Myr, Quinn's father looked up.

"We have." Quinn stated as we took a seat across from the two and waited. Honey looked over at Myr who looked up before taking a deep breath and turning his attention to us.

"I assume Thaddeus filled you two in when he came back for you two?" Myr asked and Quinn nodded.

"He did." Quinn answered.

"Good. We haven't done anything yet, as we don't know how many there are." Myr answered.

"It's just a pack of wolves, twenty at most." I told him.

Myr shook his head. "They've been recruiting lone wolves and growing their pack. I'm certain they're planning an attack on the castle regardless of if you show up or not. You show up there just makes things easier for them." Myr answered.

I didn't know how to respond to Myr informing me of more wolves. Quinn watched his dad silently. "What is the plan then?" Quinn asked.

"We haven't quite produced one, we can't contact the other kingdom considering the tension right now. There isn't much we can do besides defend ourselves when they attack." Myr answered and Quinn bit his lip.

"Or you can attack them first before they have the chance to. Take the fight to them." I answered and Myr looked over.

Honey answered, "Taking it to them isn't smart, we have no idea how many there are yet and leaving the castle unguarded isn't smart or even just a few guards. The best we can do is send scouts out, preferably on one of the horses your friends brought to see if we can scout out how many there are."