7- Sorry

TRIGGER WARNING: ASPHYXIATION

Ash's POV

I wrapped my arms around Percy from behind him, it's been so long...

I can't face him.

I don't deserve to.

"I- I'm sorry, Percy."

"A-Ash? It's really you, huh?" His voice was strained and filled with sad shallow laughs. "Ash," he tried to turn around, but I turned with him, I couldn't face him. " wha- ok. Why are you sorry?"

What? Why wouldn't I be?

"I left you, and Mom. I let you guys believe I was dead, I knew where you were when you got sent to Camp Jupiter, and I left you there. I let Mom believe you had died as well, that she was alone, Annabeth to." I let go of Percy and turned toward her. "Annabeth, I'm sorry. I should have told you, I could have helped you... I know you love my brother, and he loves you, so I'm sorry I didn't help more. Thank you for always being there for him." Annabeth looked shocked, frozen in place, then... tears, slowly falling down her face. I don't understand.

She slowly walked over to me, seeming to not quite trust me, but wanting to. I like her.

"Ash, I may not know much about you, but I can tell your a good person. No matter what you did, I'm sure you had good intentions." As she spoke I calmed down, I felt... relieved, I guess, that they didn't all hate me, but why was she crying? Then she... hugged me. I don't even know her... and she... hugged me. Needless to say I was shocked, but I received it gladly, I could still feel her shaking gently with tears. She whispered, so that only I could hear her, "Ash, he loves you as well, thank you for taking care of him when I couldn't. He misses you." with that she let go and turned me towards him.

We all just stood there, in silence, I couldn't tell what he was thinking. He looked happy, shocked, scared, angry, worried, and guilty all at once. I didn't even know someone could have so many feelings all at once.

"Um, Seaweed Brain?" Annabeth finally spoke up and broke the silence, but I couldn't take it anymore. I ran towards him and once again wrapped my arms around him. He was a lot taller then I remember, of course we had both grown in the seven years we had been apart, but he had always been taller then me so I wasn't bothered. I felt his arms around my shoulders, and I didn't want him to ever let go.

That is...

until I couldn't breath,

and world went dark...

446 Words