Waiting for ...

I just watched Revil's reaction ( -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bDeD27Z9cQ. Honestly I love his reaction videos, but sometimes, dear, I pity his family haha ) to the movie Hello Stranger, and I am so excited as well to see how the story will continue, especially that they will all be seeing each other irl now ! The trailer doesn't give much of the story itself, which I find is rather a good thing, we will meet new characters alongside the old cast and Mico will finally have the opportunity to spend some real life time with Xavier.

What more could we ask for ? (Honestly, if you watched and liked the webseries, tell me what you would like to see in the movie !)

(I just realised that I don't even know if the movie will be available worldwide, and where. I really hope they will upload it to YouTube, but I would not be so sure about it since it's a movie and it might have cost more than the first part. I don't know, I'll just wait and see. )

[Slight Spoiler alert for Hello Stranger and Gameboys.]

When I started watching the series, I didn't have much expectations mainly because I felt like those lockdown series where suddenly emerging in numbers. I was also in the middle of Gameboys, which is a good story, don't get me wrong, but I was getting a bit bored and annoyed with the, let's say, second part of the series (when they start dating and they just get jealous of each other). And I was disappointed, because I really enjoyed the first part, and suddenly we were left with the same jealousy problems /random bs drama, pick your poison, we already have in each and every basic BL story and that I am personally tired of. I mean, come on, we're in the middle of a pandemic, which Cairo had lost his father to and was asked to join his family in another part of the country, and they still hadn't really get the chance to meet properly. Wasn't all this enough to not have to add the ex and the childhood friend who, oh surprise, has actually a crush on his friend in the picture ? Sometimes I don't understand all the choices that are made.

All this to say, that Hello Stranger was such a relief and a refreshing surprise. I immediately appreciated the Padawan geeky group of friends. I really appreciated the fact that Xavier and Mico are so different, but end up trying to get along and getting to know each other. And, well, also both of them having troubles figuring out their sexuality. That's cute. A big plus is Crystal, who doesn't miggle in between so much and isn't bitching around like we're used to from other bl guys' girlfriends. Future ex-girlfriends. Whatever.

So yeah, can't wait for the movie, which is coming out in just a few weeks now !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

With the first teaser ( -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Kc9fRMdkhE ), I had no clue what the story was going to be about, but I didn't care because ... HIStory, am I right ?

I think I started watching the HIStory Sequels quite early in my BL adventure

I think I started watching the HIStory Sequels quite early in my BL adventure. I loved how simple, lightly fluffy and funny the first three stories were. Because of their shortness, there was no unnecessary stupid drama and really focused on both characters relationship with each other.

So I really hope that this one will be as good as HIStory 1 & 2 (Crossing the Line <3 *Still waiting for the movie* ). Sorry HIStory 3, but you were a tiny bit less good in my personal honest opinion. I liked Make Our Days Count, especially because of the sad ending (I'm all for sad and depressing endings, fight me), but Trapped was ... let's just say that I was expecting more seriousness and thriller vibes from the trailer and environment (I mean, I can't possibly be the only one who couldn't take Meng Shao Fei for a policeman, let alone a police officer).

But back to the next newest HIStory baby, now that I read the synopsis which seems to be nothing spectacularly original, but I have faith in Taiwan to make it a refreshing and unpredictable series. And who knows, it might be a story who will reconnect with the silly "freshness" of it's beginning !

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of Keita Machida and Akaso Eiji coming soon

O.M.T.

TV Tokyo, thank you !

So, here's a non-exhaustive list of what I would expect/want in the movie :

- For them to call each other with first name (so that would be Kiyoshi & Yuichi)

- Some more Rokkaku being clueless

- The "Perfect Date" (but it wouldn't be perfect, but it wouldn't matter)

- More Fujisaki being a shipper (actually, in the manga[spoiler alert] , she's an absolut fujoshi)

- Maybe an onsen trip

- Uhm ... Maybe an actual kiss ? Like, without an elevator door ya' know.

- Da sista coming back and playing cupid again please ! **