Part 16

I woke up curled up in the soft cotton sheets, to the afternoon sun glaring through a gap in the curtains straight into my eyes, the smell of freshly brewed coffee filling my lungs. I yawned and stretched out, blushing slightly when I realized I didn't have any clothes on, and didn't have any clean ones here. I glanced around the room, and saw Meliorn's robe on the back of the door.

"Guess it'll have to do" I muttered to myself as I tied the front of it, and walked in the direction I hoped the kitchen was. Meliorn was stood with his back to me, a towel tied around his waste, his top half left exposed. I walked up behind him and wrapped my arms around his body.

"Good afternoon beautiful" he said kissing me on the forehead "I must say I am surprised that you are up so early, especially after this morning" he winked at me, and I hit him playfully. My phone rang out loudly, completely ruining the moment, I groaned and picked it up.

"Maria, where are you?" Magnus questioned me worriedly on the other side "you never came home? Are you safe?"

"Magnus, I'm fine, I'm with Meliorn. Sorry, I meant to text you, it just slipped my mind."

"As long as you are okay. Where exactly are you though?"

"Meliorn got us an apartment in Williamsburg, he took me there this morning to try to brighten the mood." I just got a laugh in response "What?"

"I really though that you would have noticed?"

"Noticed what exactly?"

"Me sneaking out to help him decorate, he was adamant he didn't want to use magic at all, so it took an age."

"Why did you help? I thought you didn't like him!" I replied, confused.

"No, but he loves you, he may have hurt you, but he was doing his best to make it up to you, taking you out to an expensive dinner, sending you Alstroemerias because he knows they're your favorite flower, when he told me he'd bought an apartment, safe to say he won my favor."

"Won your favor, Magnus, you are aware its the 21st century right?"

"Ah, I hadn't noticed. Well, since you're safe I'll let you go, maybe avoid mixing with the Shadow world as much as you can for the time being, it's a mess of people passing the blame for last night."

"I will Magnus, stay safe." I ended the call, and went to grab the coffee left on the side for me.

Turns out Meliorn had even gone out and bought clothes for me, so after showering and throwing on jeans and a t-shirt, I went to join Meliorn on the sofa, he pulled me into his chest and flicked on the TV, neither of us really caring what was on, just wanting to be close together, and make up for lost time.

"I love you baby" I whispered to him "Promise me we can stay happy like this forever, that you won't leave me again?"

"I am not going to leave you like that ever again. You are never going to have to suffer by yourself again, I promise you that." he answered, and wrapped his arms around me more tightly. (The photo below is how they're layed)

 (The photo below is how they're layed)

"You have got to stop doing that."

"Doing what?" he looked confused

"Saying things that make me want to kiss you." I replied, he cupped my face in his hands and kissed me, laughing.

"I missed this so much, I missed you, I missed the way I cannot breath when I'm around you. I know I am not perfect, but I promise you from now on I will do anything within my power to keep you safe and happy."

"Well maybe don't get stabbed again, that would make me very happy."

"Remember when we first met, and I promised I would protect you?" I nodded "Well I meant it, you mean the world to me, I couldn't live without you."

"You can't leave me, you seem to think I would be able to live without you." I pulled him in for more kisses, sweet and romantic, lasting for nearly an hour, until we were falling asleep in each other's arms.

"Your lips are so soft, princess, I could kiss them all day."

"You're so cute when you're half asleep like this you know. I need to call someone at the institute, see what's going on."

"You are not allowed get up, you are my prisoner for today, the call can wait until morning"

"I suppose it can, you're nice and warm." we fell asleep in each other's arms, cuddling together on the sofa way into the night.