Chapter 2

"Is she going to be okay?" a female voice asked worriedly.

"I believe so. But to be safe, watch over her and make sure she doesn't fall asleep for twenty four hours." a second female voice replied.

Touko shifted and slowly opened her eyes, she covered her eyes with her arm to block the light from blinding her. "Is this heaven?" she thought.

"Oh good! You're awake!"

"Eh?" the brunette moved her arm away from her face, blinking. Standing in the room was a woman with green eyes and poofy honey-colored hair. She wore a baby blue lab coat and a white blouse, along with a short green skirt and athletic white shoes with red stripes. She had red rectangular earrings in both of her ears.

The woman knelt down to the girl. "How do you feel?" she asked in English, her tone was soft.

Why was the woman speaking English? Was that the main language of wherever she's at or is it her native language? Where is she, anyway?

That doesn't matter right now, she needs to focus on answering their questions and making sure there's no suspicions of her being from another world.

"Time to test out how good I am at speaking English." the brown haired girl thought, she cleared her throat. "Um...fine I guess?" she replied in English, she had somewhat of an accent but it sounded clear enough for the woman to understand at least.

She looked around the room, spotting another woman behind the poofy haired woman. She had long, dark brown hair styled into a low ponytail with a blue headband on her head, she had two long strands of her fringe that hang down on either side of her face, wavy in shape. She had azure blue colored eyes. She wore a baby blue v-neck shirt, navy colored jeans and black slippers. "Who are you?" she questioned cautiously.

"I'm Professor Juniper." the woman in the lab coat gestured her hand towards the other woman. "This is Aoi Kaen, she found you lying unconscious outside her house." she began wrapping a bandage around Touko's head. "If you don't mind me asking, what happened to you? You're not someone who lives in Nuvema Town and no one visits this town, so having someone come here with a head injury is an abnormality."

The brunette gulped, her eyes darted around the room cautiously. She's going to need a good excuse to get off this hook.

She can't say she was kidnapped and beaten, that would get law enforcement involved and she would be investigated, something she definitely does not need.

She took a deep breath. "I'm sorry for the fright, I was traveling alone and I must of fallen down, I probably hit my head when I fell. I didn't mean to go unconscious outside her house, ma'am." she said in a sad tone.

Hopefully watching Minako practice acting for her idol career will pay off.

Juniper finished wrapping the bandages around the brunette's head, she stood up straight. "I see, well you certainly gave us a fright with how much you were bleeding." she looked down at the brown haired girl. "As a safety precaution, I would like for you to stay awake for twenty four hours."

"T-Twenty four hours?!" Touko's eyes widened in shock.

She has to stay awake that long?!

Juniper checked her watch. "Let's see, it's currently two in the morning, you'll have to stay up until it's that time again." she said.

The brunette sighed, she really has no luck whatsoever. "I understand." she says and shifted. 'Will I be moved to somewhere else?" she asked.

Juniper looked at Aoi. "The town is really small. We only have four houses, a grocery store and a postal office, so there's nowhere else for you to stay." she replied.