part twenty eight

ALYSSA {MATURE CONTENT}

Andrew, as promised, had sorted out my flight to Spain, and I flew out in the early hours of Thursday morning with both him and Ella at my side and the both of them stayed with my parents for two days before flying back home—Andrew had managed to convince Rebecca that he should be allowed some more time with Ella, and had sought her permission to take her on holiday, which Rebecca begrudgingly granted.

My mother had loved seeing Ella, mostly because Rebecca hadn't even told her that she had a granddaughter, and she had showered her with love which, obviously, Ella loved and she didn't stop smiling for the entire two days that she was there. I loved that she was happy, and carefree, and that she didn't have to worry about anything other than what my mother was going to do for her next. Even my father was happy to know that he had a granddaughter, but he was somewhat quieter with his love for her, and he only told her once every so often that he loved her.

My father was exactly as I remembered him. He was quiet, reserved, and he still kept himself to himself, but that was one of the many things which I had come to love about him as I was growing up and even Andrew loved that he was quiet, but the two of them had managed to have a conversation with each other, and my father even seemed to approve of the two of us being together; he wanted me to be happy and he could see that Andrew made me happy.

My mother, however, was the one I actually spoke to about Andrew and she was the one who made me see what it was that I needed to do. She was the one who always knew what to do, even if she was the one who talked me into being with Dean in the first place, but I knew that she came to regret that decision when she discovered what he had done to me and how he had broken me—now she wanted me to be happy, and she wanted me to live life for myself, which is why she told me that I should go after Andrew and I should make him mine before anyone else could claim him.

I was under the promise that I would phone her once it was done and, as much as I did want to tell her, I knew that I would give it a couple of weeks before actually telling her that I had gone for it as she told me do so. I didn't want her going on in my ear about how I have wasted so much of my life, not when I had already had that lecture from her while I was in Spain, but I am sure Rebecca was going to get it worse when she finally bothered to contact our parents and tell them that they had a granddaughter.

I was now stood outside of Andrew's office, wondering how the hell I was going to do this, despite having it all planned out in my mind, I still didn't know how to tell him that I wanted him so that no one else could have him. I couldn't even remember the last time I had been this nervous, and that was probably because no man had ever made me this nervous before, they had simply got what they wanted and then vanished again.

There was just something about Andrew though. He was determined not to give up, which is part of the reason he came to Spain with me was so that he could show my parents he was the right man for me, and that was also how I knew that he would go to the ends of the Earth to make sure no one else had me. I was his and, in the two days we had been in Spain, he made sure that I knew I was his and that no one else could get their hands on me while he was still alive—I even had to stop us from having sex more than once because I feared that my parents would walk in on the two of us.

"Alyssa? My god. I thought that you were on holiday," Jenni squealed in my ear as she embraced me in one hell of a hug. I would assume that she had missed me, but that was only because she had had no one to annoy and there had been no one to take her out for lunch either, so I can only imagine how bored she must have been without me around to make her days more interesting.

"I wouldn't call it a holiday, not when I was forced to take it," I shrugged. I was grateful for the week off though because it had given me some time which I desperately needed, and it also gave me time to think about everything which had happened recently, from falling for Andrew to how I was going to take Ella away from the life which she hated and give her a life which she wanted.