part five

ALYSSA

The silence was the worst. The silence meant you had time to think and that was something which I hated because, the moment I started to think, I was always taken back to that night; I was taken back to the night where the man I loved, and thought loved me in return, took something from which was never his to take without permission.

I always end back at the night where my own husband forced himself on me and then walked out of the bedroom. He left me in tears while he laughed manically about what he had just done to me, he thought that taking my virginity when I wasn't ready to give it to him was the most amusing thing to have happened in our marriage; he was a monster but I had come out fighting the other side.

I had been through a lot, a whole lot more than I ever told people about, but I always came out a whole lot stronger, I always came out fighting. I got my life back on track and I moved on from the horrors of my past but, if there was one thing which Andrew seemed unable to do, then it was to move on from the past and get on with his life.

He couldn't simply get over my sister and he couldn't get over the day she walked out on him either. She took their children, their relationship, and walked out like he had never meant a single thing to her; he was her world at one point but she won't tell me what happened or even why she felt the need to leave. She would never talk about it and would always change the topic whenever I brought it up in conversation.

She claims that, the moment Andrew signed the papers to take over the company, he signed his entire life away and she already knew that he would have time for either her or their daughter; she was only saving herself from the heartbreak which was inevitable the moment he put his name on that dotted line.

But, from what I had seen, despite Andrew being an arrogant ass with obvious anger issues and a serious lack of respect for women who also needed help for the amount of alcohol he was consuming on a daily basis, he really did love my sister at one point and she broke him by walking out in the way that she did. He never got the chance to meet his daughter and Bec had never even told Andrew her name; the anger at both of those thoughts made me want to actually murder my sister.

She didn't even have the guts to leave Andrew a note. She just left that night and never bothered to contact the guy again. Now I see the state that Andrew is in because of my sister, I no longer question the love he had for her and I don't even question the fact that he was happy with her, but I do wonder whether she ever really loved Andrew or whether she just used his new position at Collins' Inc. as an excuse for the fact she was cold, heartless bitch who didn't understand what love was and neither did she understand the damage she had done by walking out on Andrew that night.

I didn't like the man and, after the shit he had said to be today and the things he had done, I would be the first in line to push him off a cliff in the hope that there were some jagged rocks at that bottom to mess him on my behalf. But, seeing him like this, seeing a man who seemed only too powerful when we were in his office, broken and falling apart only made me feel sorry for the guy.

But I wasn't going to accept this as a valid reason for his behaviour towards me and neither was I going to allow his comments to slip like they meant nothing; but I also knew that he needed time to adjust to the fact that I practically looked like a clone of my younger sister in every single way and he needed to realise that there was nothing which was going to push me from the company.

He was broken man. Any idiot would be able to see that and all he needed was for someone to love him, for someone to help him love himself while accepting all the faults which came with loving him. I didn't have any intentions of being that person, but I knew of someone who may be able to put a smile on that ridiculous face of his before the end of the month.