Chapter 6

1.2k reads?! POGGG!! Wow, thank you all so much! You have no idea how much this means to me! I appreciate every one of you for your support! Just. Wow. Also, special shoutout to @ahhhhhhh17 for being the best reader ever! I look forward to seeing your comments every time I post a new chapter, so thank you! My #1 fan!! :)

I love you all so much! <3 Happy reading!!

peep the new cover - credits to the artist :) found on google images

They entered the pub and the hostess led them to the cozy back corner of the restaurant, where they were seated. Minutes later, a waitress came over and brought them their menus.

The three studied the menu, flipping through the plastic encased pages.

"It's nice here, right?" George asked, hoping his friends liked his choice of eatery.

"Mhm." Sapnap hummed in agreement.

"Yeah, it is. Nice pick, George." Dream complimented, knowing his friend was looking for assurance.

"Thanks." George smiled. He felt better knowing they both liked the place because he wanted nothing more than for them to have the best time during their stay in Brighton. Being their host, he treated them like guests and felt obligated to make sure they were comfortable and content. The least he could do was make their stay worthwhile when they traveled all this way in his favor.

It really was a nice pick. Dream took in his surroundings and marveled at the exquisite design of the pub. It was warm and cozy. When you walked in, you were immediately engulfed by the inviting heat of the bright fire that burned on the side of the brick wall. And it wasn't the standard, cheap fake-looking gas fire, it was a genuine flame with real dark oakwood which gave it an outdoorsy smell like fresh grass and pine with hints of a musty scent. The booth seats were made of the same wood, lacquered and polished to a shine, but still holding that woody aroma that made the place feel like a cabin home. The tables were matching and gave off the same aura as the overall restaurant. There was a bar near the back; shelves filled with bottles of alcohol and spirits. Old bookcases lined the walls, each holding an infinite series of novels and stories; most being ancient and dusty, some with hard covers and others paperback. The lighting was dimmed, illuminating the entire pub with a soft, yellow glow emanating from the unique chandeliers hanging from the ceiling. Dream felt like it was a home away from home.

When their waitress arrived, Sapnap was still observing the menu and Dream was still intrigued by the scenery. George was the only one actually ready to order, since he came here often and already knew what he wanted.

Taken aback by her presence, Sapnap and Dream started with drinks: Sapnap with a light beer and Dream with an IPA. George ordered a Manhattan which gained the interest of his friend, who quirked an eyebrow at him.

The waitress confirmed their orders and left.

"So you like the fancy drinks, eh?" Dream nudged George's shoulder, teasingly.

"Knock it off." George acted offended and rolled his eyes. "I just have an acquired taste is all."

"I'm just saying," Dream shrugged. "I like a little whiskey, too sometimes. Warms your blood. Nothing to be ashamed of George." He remarked.

"Who said I was ashamed?"

"Well, you're blushing. So, kinda gave it away."

George scoffed. "Am not!"

"Alright, George. I see you." Sapnap said, playfully, earning a smirk from Dream.

"Why're you guys being so weird? Are you drunk already? Before we've even gotten our drinks?" George inquired.