Six Hours

—————

"HAH! I WON!" Ashido bragged, pumping a fist in the air. "That was too easy!"

"I don't see why we're challenging the dancer of this class to Just Dance," Asui said, before taking a large sip of water from her water bottle. "But good job, Ashido, you're a really good dancer."

"Thanks, Tsu!" Ashido grinned.

"Let's do this again, Tsu!" Uraraka said, pulling her friend up. "We'll defeat her this time!"

"Actually," Shoji interrupted, holding up a piece of paper. "It's the next group's turn to challenge Ashido."

Looking at the list of names, Todoroki backed away. "She can take my spot. I don't want to go."

"I also do not want to participate." Tokoyami said, following the bi-color haired male's lead. 

"Me neither. I'm sorry." Koda signed, looking down to avoid meeting gazes. 

Obviously annoyed, Ashido pouted. "Come on spoilsports, not even one round?"

"If they don't want to do it, we'll do it again, right Tsu?" Uraraka said. Asui shrugged at first but then nodded along anyway. 

"I'll go too," Kirishima said, getting up from the ground. "I'll you beat like a real man!" 

"I am glad our class is bonding," Iida cut in. "But we have a test tomorrow! We should all be studying instead of playing games!"

Excluding Bakugo, most of the Bakusquad groaned while Kaminari choked on his water. 

"We do?!" He shouted.

"Yes! Haven't you been paying attention in class? Since you've been getting better grades, I thought you would be more focused!"

Kaminari was close to flinching at that remark. But he managed to brush it off, and then immediately jumped up and ran over to the class representative. 

"Yaoyorozu, you didn't have one of those study session things! I'm gonna die tomorrow!"

"H-Huh?" Yaoyorozu looked like she was about to drop her cup of tea. "Oh, I'm sorry. Would you like to hold a short one now?"

Kaminari lit up. "Yeah! You're a lifesaver, Yaoyorozu!"

Kaminari ran to his room to get some materials, then came back down, where most of his class was waiting. 

Studying right before a test was terrifying for him. He usually couldn't get a grasp on a lot of the subjects when taking notes, so he really had to cram them in a few days before in order to remember things. 

But being the day before the test meant Kaminari didn't really have a lot of hope in getting a decent score. He could only rely on luck to get an above average score. 

"Let's get started." Yaoyorozu said after the electricity-quirk user came back. Like a real teacher, she started reviewing the notes they took during class.

Stress was starting to crawl into Kaminari's mind. He couldn't afford to fail. Every snark comment, even if it was made as a joke, came into his mind. 

He gripped the pencil so hard he thought it was going to break. 

Kaminari was probably focusing the most out of every student there. Thanks to Yaoyorozu's great tutoring, he was able to memorize more than he would've on his own. But most of the material slipped his mind anyways.

"Dude, you look like your head is going to explode if you look at that paper any harder." Sero said. 

"It is?" Kaminari blinked. He looked down at his half-finished math problem. Sighing, he slouched back. "Jeez, math is so hard..."

After saying that, he picked up his pencil again and refocused on the problem, but he just wasn't in the mood to continue working on it. 

Whenever he looked at the problem, Kaminari's brain moved somewhere else. He already knew he was going to get a bad score on the test.

'It's just one test, Denki. One small, measly test. Nothin' to worry about.' He stressed during the session way too much. It was fear of his parents and fear of being a laughing stock again. 

At one point, Kaminari's hand slipped into the pocket of his pants and wrapped his fingers around the small charm he got from Izuku. It calmed him down a little bit. 

Huh. Only three more days to go until he returned the charm. But there was no time to think about that. He needed to study.

Kaminari stayed up six hours that night filled with anxiety and fear, studying way too hard.

The following morning, he was hit with a ton of concern.

"WHAT THE HELL PIKACHU!" Bakugo shouted. "You look like the biggest piece of crap I've ever seen!"

That was the only thing Kaminari could hear in the big wave of sentences that morning, since it was the loudest.

He slept through a majority of his classes, needing to copy notes from his friends. He was only up during math period. 

He couldn't even do hero training since he was so tired. Aizawa and All Might voiced their concerns.

It's fine though, as long as he does well on the important assignments, that's all that matters. Nobody can make fun of him if he does good on those ones.

'Nobody' Kaminari thinks to himself as he doses off in another class, his hand clamped around the plastic charm.

—————

858 words

A/N- I dunno if this plot point became too sudden or not. :|