Chapter Three (3)

"The hell-" Reggie looked at him for a second before he remembered overhearing Bryan's friend Roderick say that "c'mon snake, let's rattle" was a 40s slang that could either mean asking someone to fight or asking someone to dance. Or something like that. Reggie assumed Bryan wanted the first one, (because why in the world would he want to dance?) and questioned, "You wanna fight?"

          Then, Bryan had pulled him onto the dance floor. Reggie shrugged Bryan's arm off of his shoulder and put up his hands in a fighting stance, held in fists at his chest. Bryan lightly chuckled and took Reggie's closed fists. He pulled the fingers into an open hand and held them in his own. Reggie's eyes grew wide and he tried to pull away but Bryan had a tight grip.

          "What do you think you're doing?" Reggie asked, still in shock. "I'm dancing with you," Bryan replied with a sly smirk. He turned to the DJ stand in the corner. "Harley, cue the music!" The high school girl put a thumbs up and started a song. It was Can't Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley. As the song started playing, Elvis's crooning voice filling the room, Bryan put his left hand on Reggie's side and took Reggie's right hand and put it on his shoulder. He held Reggie's left hand in his right. Bryan had learned how to slow dance just for this and Reggie faintly knew what to do. It's pretty easy, just get into position and sway.

          They just swayed around the room, dark haired boy giving the glare he was oh-so good at (although the corners of his mouth dared to turn up). "What the hell is happening?" "We're slow dancing, duh!" Reggie almost silently hissed and tried to leave his grip. Some part of him, though didn't want to leave the warmth of Bryan's hands and Bryan seemed weirdly strong right now. Reggie had a small thought of 'Doesn't he think my sweaty hands are gross? I guess his are kinda clammy too..' He lowered his eyes, glancing at their hands and avoiding Bryan's gaze. He had given up on resisting and he could feel the smirk coming from his dance partner.