Chapter Four (4)

Bryan and Reggie weren't enemies, closer to frenemies. Classmates with a slight rivalry. The kind of relationship where you would never expect them to slow dance together. But here they were, doing just that. So, most of the people who knew them were surprised. Some knew it was bound to happen or wanted it to happen. Some had a vague sense who these guys were.

Bryan smiled sweetly at Reggie. "You're cute when you're confused and flustered. Actually you're cute all the time but especially when you're flustered." "And confused...", mumbled Reggie, repeating the other emotion in Bryan's statement as it remained true. Bryan sighed quietly with a small smile and rolled his eyes. He turned back to look at Reggie's eyes and with a grin, said, "I like you, stupid." Reggie just stared at him, mouth slightly agape and face slightly pink. He had stopped dancing after the announcement but Bryan hadn't.

When the hand holding his side pulled him a bit, he was brought back from wherever the hell his mind just took him and he started slowly moving again. When they were dancing in sync again, Reggie asked, "Is this a prank of some kind? You don't actually like me, right?" Bryan frowned a tad. "No, Reg, I really do like you. I have for a while now." Reggie said nothing but looked sheepishly back into Bryan's greenish-blue eyes, looking for a sign he was pretending.

"I'm serious, I started liking you the day you got mad because the class discovered I was taller. When people were chuckling and you looked at me with a blush and glare and walked away pouting, it instantly hit that you were really adorable and I liked you." They had both stopped dancing. "You like me too..right?" Bryan's tone and expression lost confidence. He glanced behind Reggie. Reggie shook his head a bit, looking away and trying to collect his thoughts.

"..huh."