Chapter Eighteen: "Everything You Wanted"

Jack couldn't breathe as he watched Mark pull a towel from the dispenser. Putting it under the water, Mark got it wet before shutting off the water and crouched down in front of him. Jack scooted back into the sink counter, panting heavily as he stared into Mark's eyes. Mark was strangely calm. Mark reached out to put the wet towel to Jack's nose, making him flinch. Nervously touching Mark's wrist, he stammered out uneasily. "Mark? Can I... Please give me my phone back?" Mark placed his free hand on Jack's cheek to hold his face steady. His other hand held the towel in place, collecting the blood that leaked from his nose, while telling him simply. "You don't need it. I'll take of you." Jack swallowed with some effort, before asking him curiously. "What did you do to me...?" Mark tilted his head, stating out with a lost expression. "I haven't done anything. Why would you think that?" Jack shrugged, taking the paper towel from Mark, before pleading lightly. "Mark. I need my phone."

Mark's hands slid down to hold Jack's sides, telling him flatly. "No, you don't. It's a distraction." Clearing his throat, Jack tried to keep his voice calm as he said rationally. "What if there is an emergency?" Mark leaned in to kiss his forehead in a light loving kiss. As his lips trailed down his to his cheek, Mark whispered to him casually. "I'll be with you. You will have no need for it." Jack's hand shook as he put a hand on Mark's chest, stating out a bit firmer now. "Mark... I'm serious. Give me back my phone." Mark looked him straight in the eyes, shaking his head defiantly. There was no malice in Mark's eyes. There was only a deep love in them. Sitting up straighter, Jack snapped at him more commandingly. "Mark. Now!" Mark's hand rose and Jack flinched expecting him to hit him. Instead, Mark's fingers ran through his hair, before telling him sweetly. "Why are you so scared? I'm doing this for us. Aren't you tired of technology being between us?" Jack turned fragile eyes on Mark, uttering out in a timid whisper. "Mark... You're scaring me... Please. Just give me my phone. It's the only way I can contact my parents. My life is in that phone. Please?"

Mark's warm hands cupped his neck, his thumbs stroking his jawline as he told him in a deep loving voice. "I know... That's why I'm holding onto it for a while. You wanted us to try to make this work... To start over. I want this to work out. But I can't let you leave before then. I won't let you leave me this time. I need you." Jack's heart started to race laps in his ribs as he mumbled out to himself in realization. "Oh shite..." Mark pulled him into a gentle kiss and Jack returned it with a heavy heart. The potion was doing EXACTLY what he wanted... but in a way that he hadn't expected. When Mark pulled from the kiss, he smiled to him and said affectionately. "Don't leave me, Jack... My heart can't take it anymore. I want to spend more time with you... because I... I don't want to lose you too." Jack raised an eyebrow, softly asking. "What do you mean by that?" Mark pulled Jack's hands up to his lips to kiss his knuckles before replying in a sad tone. "We spend so much time apart... and I've been going to the hospital more... It got me thinking... I just don't want to regret anything. I need a change... I need you. Not just now... but forever."

Mark lowered his forehead to Jack's shoulder, whispering to him in a shaky voice. "I don't feel so lost when you are around." Jack hugged him, kissing his neck. He couldn't tell if this was the potion or Mark... but it felt like Mark. Rubbing his back, Jack tried to discreetly move his hand down to Mark's pocket to remove his phone. He felt the corners of his phone in his pocket and tried to pull it out, when Mark pulled from him. Mark rose to his feet, extending his hands out for him to take. Accepting his hands, he let Mark pull him back up onto his feet. Once he was on his feet, Jack staggered into Mark still feeling lightheaded. Mark wrapped his arms around him, asking him with worry. "Something wrong?" Jack slid his hands down to Mark's hips to steady himself, telling him honestly. "I don't know. I never get nose bleeds and now I'm just so... dizzy." Mark cupped his face again, replying coolly. "Could be the change in weather... Going from a warm to cold climate can do that. Maybe the fireplace is too much for you in this weather?"