Braces (Fluff)

Ennard was looking at the pictures in Michaels living room while the vessel was asleep. He was looking through each framed picture until one caught his eye. It was a picture of Michael smiling with a dark maroon and lavender purple thing on his teeth. The animatronic observed every detail of the picture. Michael looked about 12-13, wearing a dark ocean blue hoodie with black ripped jeans and light grey tennis shoes. The small boys hair was a dark chocolatey brown and appeared messy. His eyes were a nice royal blue, the sunlight making them look almost glossy. The foxy mask he wore looked like it was new.

     While Ennard was still looking at that one picture, Michael walked in, a little groggy due to just waking up. Half lidded, Michael looked at the picture Ennard was looking at. It took a while before Ennard finally noticed Michael beside him looking at the same picture. "What is that thing in your teeth?" Ennard asked, snapping Michael out of his trance. Mike looked at Ennard, noticing the confused tone in his voice as he asked about his braces. "Those are called braces" Mike replied. He heard the animatronic let out a confused grunt, Michael knew that he had to explain what they are. "Braces are something that helps teeth go straight. My teeth were crooked when I was younger."

     Ennard looked at the picture and saw that Michaels teeth were in fact, a bit crooked. He then looked back at Michael, the smaller males teeth were straight. "How does braces help your teeth get in line?" Michael looked from the picture to the animatronic, feeling the confused atmosphere Ennard gave him. "There's a wire going in between the brackets of my teeth, right there." Michael pointed to the barely visible wire going through each bracket, behind the rubber bands that held the wire in place.

     "So it's the kind of wire that goes back to its original shape?" Ennard was catching on fast. "Exactly. The rubber bands, or the colored things around the brackets hold the wire in place so that as the wire goes back to its original phase, it moves the teeth along with it." Michael looked up and saw Ennard processing the information, looking very closely at the picture. He took the chance to go get the picture book from his room so that they could look at other pictures together.

     When Mike came back he saw Ennard on the couch, watching soap operas. He sat down next to the animatronic and they spent the rest of the day looking at and talking about the pictures in the book.