Chapter 6

2nd POV

You, Chara, Cross, and your father were walking through the royal garden, the sun had set not long ago so many of the flowers were in full bloom or at least start to bloom. You and Chara were just running around playing tag while the two elder males watched on fairly amused, dinner had passed so many residents of the palace were wandering around before bed. As the moon rose higher in the sky Cross and your father decided to grab you both taking you to bed.

The next morning however you were met with your father waking you, and breakfast in his hands. "Um, thank you," you said timidly not quite ready or sure if you should call him your father quite yet. He chuckled at your hesitance and patted your head as he took a replica of the dress you wore the day before from a large wardrobe. You quickly finished breakfast and got dressed with a little help from your father. "Where are we going?" you asked, he chuckled while telling you it was a surprise and handed you a pair of boots similar to his.

Nightmare walked you outside your boots clicking against the tile as he lead you to the main hall and through the doors. In the courtyard, Cross was waiting with a single black steed with a royal purple and black saddle. "Have fun you two and try to be back before dinner at the latest or I might come looking for you," Cross said while handing your father a folded piece of fabric and unfolding a smaller one to wrap around your shoulders. The fabric was a cloak and with that, you gave Cross a questioning gaze, he chuckled "To hide your identity being a member of the royal family now it can be dangerous without a guard hence the cloak," Cross explained while patting your head gently.

Your father lifted you onto the horse carefully after he mounted the animal himself. He guided the midnight steed through the castle gates and threw the dark wood that surrounded the place you now called home. "Where are we going?" you asked looking up at your father as he kept his gaze on the path. "I heard you were being followed by wolves when Fell had found you so I figure you might want to see them again," he explained as he glanced down at you for a moment, you nodded. "Yes, it would be nice to see the pups again...but who is Fell?" you asked curiously, Nightmare chuckled, "The skeleton that gave you the letter," he said going quite once more. You leaned against his stomach, or at least where you believed his stomach would be, due to your small size, for a skeleton he was oddly warm but it was comforting.

You slowly opened your eyes to realize you were no longer on a horse but a blanket using your father's lap as a pillow. "Awake now are we?" he asked cooly petting your hair slightly, you nodded while rubbing the sleep out of your eyes. You received a chuckle in response, as you sat up to look at your surroundings. The two of you were in a meadow somewhere in the forest, and the sun beamed directly down as purple flowers bloomed all around you.

You jumped slightly when something moved in the bushes not too far away, both of you went still. The bush continued to shake until a small black wolf pup tumbled out, it had blue eyes you knew that pup. "Saphire?" you called and the pup popped up and ran right into your lap yipping happily. The rest of the pack soon followed, the alpha Moon Fang gave your father a sniff and look over before resting his head on Nightmare's lap as a sign of trust to which you explained to your adoptive father.

Hours passed and the moon began to rise, your father helped you back onto the horse as you waved goodbye to your wolf friends. "We're gonna be a little late to dinner but it'll be worth it," Nightmare told you as he gave the steed a little kick so it would start to fall into a gallop. He guided the animal through the thickets of the woods till it broke through the forest edge.

The edge of a cliff came into view and he stopped just short of the cliffside. Above you, stars twinkled, and down below you could see the faint glow of candles as they shined through the village windows. 

"This is your kingdom," Nightmare said gazing off at the stars, "as the Moon Empire we rule the night and shadows

"This is your kingdom," Nightmare said gazing off at the stars, "as the Moon Empire we rule the night and shadows. The night sky will forever be our guide." You stared at the dark horizon in awe, "All this is mine?" you asked, you received a chuckle in response.

"Well of course it is, you're my little princess now."